The Future of Monster Truck Simulations

RKM

Personally, I feel RoR is the closest you're going to get without the use of a gaming computer.  The tracks and trucks I see coming out of here, just blow me away with how much detail they have in them and yet, how little of an FPS drop-age they have.  To get a full on sim, we would most likely need crushable cars, tracks that get worn down over time, and a slight physics adjustment.  Most of this would probably cause a good bit of FPS loss.  With RoR, I feel we have the best of both worlds, for people with good high quality computers, and the standard laptop from the early 2000's. 

By all means, we could use a bit of improvement to make it even better, but I'd say we're at a pretty good stage right now.  Just my own little input, but hey, if anyone wants to get it even better, I really want to see what this group can come up with, because I know for a fact, that the guys on here are MORE than capable of putting out a better game than Activision, or anyone else can.

• Upvote 2

I've never heard of BeamNG until just now and from the video I saw I looks like it will be really good.  If it's easier to mod then that means it will be easier for people to contribute.  Also the running on slower pc's will be a huge plus.  With the way things are going I think it's going to be hard to knock off MTM2 as the longest running engine for MT games in which users make the content.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't say 1NSANE was 'unsuccessful' or 'short-lived'... we went on for around 4 or 5 years, with a group of around 10-15 participating a weekend.

Most of us that were mainly MTM2ers played 1NSANE a bit but it never got as much success as MTM2 though that could perhaps be a result of our time being spent trying to kill each other during capture the flag...fun times and extremely amusing watching 7 trucks all go after one poor guy.

I like the idea of spintyres for the fact the ground reacts to trucks driving on it but the demo trucks are soo slow i cant tell if they really handle,for those that have not seen this yet  http://www.oovee.co.uk/games/upcoming-games/spin-tires/

0_0 Dude, that game looks FREAKING AWESOME! The changing terrain reminds me of what THQ did with Mx vs ATV Reflex. This is something I would LOVE to see in a monster truck simulator.