V5 Blog

Just a pet peeve, but could there be a driver in the seat with a realistic fire suit? It's just odd to me seeing the trucks ghost ride out there. However, with that being said I am beyond impressed with what you guys are doing and what I have seen thus far.

i think this would be a good idea

Everything looks good here fellas. Can I make one little suggestion. On trucks Rock Star and California Kid, are they going to have actual Rockwell axle's with the brake rotors on the outside?

Yes, every truck will get its own axle,

• Upvote 2

That Lucas Oil looks great, the detailing and modeling in the best we've seen in our trucks. The scratching and shine idea isn't a bad idea to do with the chassis, however, the chassis doesn't even look black. It looks like a bright grey. I'd like to see what it looks like with the black color it should be before I could really judge. None the less, it's good to see you guys trying new things. 

• Upvote 2

That Lucas Oil looks great, the detailing and modeling in the best we've seen in our trucks. The scratching and shine idea isn't a bad idea to do with the chassis, however, the chassis doesn't even look black. It looks like a bright grey. I'd like to see what it looks like with the black color it should be before I could really judge. None the less, it's good to see you guys trying new things. 

black is hard to do in realtime, since you can't shade proper black, you just approximate it, or trick the eye into thinking it's black. I'd say that where crusader's frame is right now is a few hairs short of an unshadable mess.

although i do recommend making the shine a lot deeper, as it is it looks like a really bad paint job done by some guy in an alley named rick for ten bucks and a papa johns coupon.

This'd probably make it look properly black through sheer contrast, but it'd take some fiddling. Iunno if ROR does it but some rim lighting wouldn't do any wrong either, help add to the depth of the paint and define the overlapping bits of the frame when tubes start 'overlapping'

• Upvote 4