Show Your Projects Chapter 24

Outlawed

Well, it took me an hour and this is still a work in progress. So, what do you guys think?

For some reason I just wanna put STP logos all over that thing.  Reminds me so much of the #43 from the old days of NASCAR. 

• Upvote 1

maybe its cause I did it a LONG time ago in MTM2world but the Trophy bodies really don't do anything for me... especially with as rediculously flared and ducted the current ones are...

BUT
I will say they're lookin good (for what they are ;) ) too bad I'm the one who's gotta figure out how to paint that Rage machine for him

• Upvote 2

I'm with you on that pit. As I told the guys at Midwest 4x4, they started a horrible fad. Only reason I can remotely tolerate KK/Lonestar is because it looks so Damn good with the flag scheme.

The only reason the current trophy truck bodies are so ridiculously wide is because as technology improves and trucks get more wheel travel, the track width increases. The wider the track width, the wider the body flaring will be. They could easily go out and buy a 3 inch flared fender and use that instead of the current trophy truck front clips.

EDIT: As I recall, frank Schettini ran flared bedsides on Big Dummy. Not the trophy truck style, but the kind you would find on a daily driver prerunner.

• Upvote 1

The new Untapped Rage. It's almost ready to be painted/textured, but I still need to add an interior and make some adjustments to the

skin and mesh.

Reminds me of a futuristic Mad Dog.

I was referring trophy trucks. Not monsters.

As far as cheapness, they cost $3000. Not that much cheaper.

considering you just phone up fiberwerx for a new panel (hood/front clip, cab or rear fenders) vs having to fibreglass yourself or having to get someone to do it for you, the offroad bodies are a bargain.