Playstation 4 VS Xbox One

RKM

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which will you buy?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Both
    • Neither

It's a hard choice for me to make. Mainly because Microsoft hasn't made it easy on me. Honestly the only reason why I'd get an Xbox One is for Forza 5. However, I don't see spending 560 bucks on the Xbox One with the "connect to internet once every 24 hour period" stuff. There was a period not to long ago that I went without internet for quite a few months, if not a year. God forbid that happens again, I'll just have me a $500 paper weight. I don't see me being without internet in the near future, but I never can tell with my situation any more.

That's what angers me the most about the Xbox One. Why does the system that I paid a damn good high amount of money on render itself inoperable if I don't connect it once every 24 hours? Surely they could of handled this "reason" a much better way.

Another factor is what console my best friend will get as we game ALOT cooperatively. He's already said that most likely he'll eventually get both consoles, but he'd probably get the PS4 first.

The rest of the DRM/trade in/lend games to friends/used games thing doesn't bother me mainly because I buy new games, I hardly ever lend them out, nor do I trade them in. I can see however where that'd annoy some people to not have that freedom with a game they bought.

I'd get a PS4 in a heart beat. However, I don't like the controller as much as I like Xbox's. Xbox's for me is more comfortable, and feels better. PS4 doesn't have Forza, and I'm not as much of a fan of Gran Turismo as I used to be (not meant to incite a war or insult any fans).

How well does PS4 operate online? I heard from a friend that sometimes the PSN and or servers can be iffy.

Now I know what some people might say: Get both. However, $300 plus on a PS4 and a game or two, just to then get a $500 Xbox One with one or two games is a hell of an expense.

I had thought of waiting a year or two for the Xbox one to come down in price. By about that time I fully expect for Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6 to be rolling out of the garage.

I still haven't made a decision. At this point it's too soon to tell.

• Upvote 1

Wasnt much of a competiton in my book. I own both a 360 and a ps3 and I love both. But the new Xbox is a joke. I cant believe that anyone is willing to pay 500 dollars for a system like that.

Xbox One

Pros

Task switching is fast

Download while you play games

Cons

Constantly need to be connected to internet.

You cant share games with friends or buy used you must buy a new game.

Kinect which is a joke IMO is required.

Slower GPU then PS4

5Gb of ram available to Devs

Indie devs cant self publish

And there really arent any real great releases coming to it to make it worth it.

PS4

Pros

Download while play games

Press of a button sends ps4 into power saving mode until controller is picked back up

Share button to capture and share footage

7Gb of ram available to devs

Indie devs can selfpublish

Cross play with Vita

Mobile app to tie in with PSN

No restrictions on used games

Swype motion controll typing

Every game will have digital copy on PSN and will require to have a free playable demo

Cons

No backwards compatability

As games go they seem to be pretty neck and neck no real upsets IMO unless Naughty Dog has a new project, The last of Us was an amazing title and a PS exclusive that has one of the highest ratings ever.

The main reason I bought the 360 was for Halo but after Bungie left Halo sucked. And now Bungie made Destiny which will be on the PS4 so no reason for me to fork out that much for the Xbox.

I've always preferred XBOX to the PS3 as far as convenience is concerned and controls (and being able to play Halo). PS3 didn't really have it where the XBOX did when it comes to online networks. It seems now XBOX has forgotten what gamers don't want in a console (obviously not learning from SimCity's disaster). When there's speculation about your console being laced with some BS strings attached, I wouldn't announce them anyways. I heard that they're reconsidering the DRM-esque system and the used games policy, but I have no idea if that's true.

I'll just put some painters tape over that Kinect camera and I'll be all set.

Micracer

some of that info is off

This info is from press conferences and confirmed features by both Microsoft & Sony

Stuff not put in is stuff rumors and most likely not true unless one or the other pulls something for E3

My opinion for the two

PS4 wins

Xbox 1 Pros - Cons

Good
New Controller (impulse triggers(vibration), touch turn on, 
new battery area to ease fingers, new D-Pad)
Hands free remote
Blue Ray
8GB of RAM
500GB (until the cons come in)
8 x64 core processors 
New Kenect 2 
New achievement system
Perfect match online match making system based on skill , language, reputation
Game DVR, record while you play games

Bad
Blocks used games
Television?
Background apps?
No backwards compatibility 
Always on! (requires sign EVERY 24 HOURS TO PLAY A GAME) (TOLD
CUSTOMERS TO "DEAL WITH IT")
Can only play games on one system that you buy
voice command
Mandatory install of all games
Still costs money to play online
Kenect 2 requires to stay on
Games CAN ONLY BE USED  ONE SYSTEM NO DISC CAN BE PLAYED ON A 
2ND SYSTEM 
CAN ONLY BE USED ON AN XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT
500GB to install 20GB GAMES!! -.- and GAME SAVES!!! UPDATES
ADD ON CONTENT!!!!
$500 TO OWN THE SYSTEM
All-In-One its just a pooty computer downsized to go on your TV and play pretend
gaming system
Apps, I WANT A GAME SYSTEM NOT A SMARTPHONE

PS4 Pros - Cons

Good
New controller (new LED light system to tell players apart, touch pad, speaker
on the controller, headphone jack added on the controller)
New playstation Eye (1,280x800(full screen) at 60fps 640x400 at 120fps, 320x192 at 
240 at fps, 2 cameras with a 85 degree angle, foxed focus F Valve 2.0) (sold
sepperatly at $60) 
8GB Memory
Built in hard disk drive (plays DVD, CD & Blu-Ray)
USB3.0
AUX outlet
Ethernet (10BASE SE-T & 1000 & 100BASE SE-TX)
HDMI, Digital & analog support
X86 CPU 8-core 
1.84 GPU
Game engines can match up to a PC!
New standby mode allows a game to pause using minimal system usage (kind of 
like sleep on a PC)
Share games to friends on the cloud
$400 ($100 cheaper than the Xbox 1)
Hard drive compatibility to most changeable drives so storage is endless (500GB 
stock)
Share Button (if youre for it) you can tell people who you just killed, fun feature
Games from PS1, PS2, & PS3 will be available on the PSN Store on the launch day
(so enjoy your childhood games :) )
Microphone head set comes free in the box (no more paying $20-$80 in the store)

Bad
Pop-up screen for new messages, covers the entire screen
No backwards compatibility 
Few disc games coming out on launch 
DRM is decided by game publishers (for used games and one system play)
Online is no longer free
$50 a year (-$10 to Xbox live) (Uses play station plus which gives you free games
so in a way it wages out)
Large system (roughly the size of a small PC tower)

(Comparison video is 80% uploaded)

Honestly my money's on nintendo this go around. Yeah i know it's an xbox vs ps4 thread, but frankly a "which of the three" thread would be redundant after this one

The WiiU may be 'underpowered', but it's still a yonk or two above the 360 and PS3, and it's familiar hardware, which means that there'll be less learning time for devs to produce cooler games over the 'specialized', albiet similar hardware on the One/ps4.

and yeah, EA immolated bridges by saying they won't be producing for the WiiU, but they went back on that, and what that tells me is that the production costs for the U are a hell of a lot lower than the other two, and that's what it really comes down to, because games are of course getting stupidly expensive to produce these days, so buisnesses are going to favor whichever's cheapest to build games for.

And yeah, you could say that didn't work for the Wii last time around, but the difference between hardware last time and this generation is very different, the Wii only did standard def, bareley 2x anti aliasing, had half the specs of the others and no hard drive, but now? WiiU does 1080i, 80 gig drive standard, a wild assortment of controllers that cover all the bases established in gaming, the full lot. all of that's better than the 360's launch, which didn't get 1080 for two years.

and judging by the e3 footage, ninty's figuring out how to get power out of it too, and honestly the U's footage is looking nearly on par with the newest stuff from the others. Now yeah, i'm sure that'll pull away as the generation goes on, but honestly at this point i really don't think graphics matter anymore, it's about games now, which again, comes down to what's cheap to develop for.

even without microsoft's kamakazi strategy, the thing is that the most poweful console has NEVER 'won' the war. The sega master system trunced the NES, but was outsold at a factor of 5-1 if i remember right. next gen? Neo Geo blazed the Genisis and SNES, barely sold at all. After that? N64 was king, but was slaughtered by the PS1. Xbox was the most powerful after that, and it barely outsold the gamecube, the PS2 outselling everyone else combined.

so yeah, my money's on ninty, from a business perspective, they're easiest and cheapest to develop for, by all odds they'll have the best first party support, they're not going tolitarian "The consumer is evil" on us, their console so far is cheapest, it's already established, which means that their price cut will be before the competition is even out, meaning that it'll seem the best choice when comparing side by side at best buy, they seem to be embracing indies and their online is the only free online service to boot.

either that or the ouya anyway

In the meantime, steam powered PC master race, sig heil.

• Upvote 1

Well atleast microsoft is making it an easy decision and saving us gamers a hundred bucks.

Haha. Heres a few vids for you xbox fanboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I happen to like both the Xbox I had, and my Xbox 360 that I still have. I would like Xbox One all the more if it wasn't for Microsoft's asinine "policies".

It personally makes for an even more difficult decision for me as I now have learned that Turn 10 is bringing open wheel racing to Forza 5. More specifically: IndyCars and classic Formula 1 cars. Being the Formula 1 fan I am (especially of the 1950's and 1960's era) this just makes me want Forza all the more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK_u5s30_g&feature=youtu.be

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Open_Wheel_6_11_13

It's a hard choice for me to make. Mainly because Microsoft hasn't made it easy on me. Honestly the only reason why I'd get an Xbox One is for Forza 5. However, I don't see spending 560 bucks on the Xbox One with the "connect to internet once every 24 hour period" stuff. There was a period not to long ago that I went without internet for quite a few months, if not a year. God forbid that happens again, I'll just have me a $500 paper weight. I don't see me being without internet in the near future, but I never can tell with my situation any more.

That's what angers me the most about the Xbox One. Why does the system that I paid a damn good high amount of money on render itself inoperable if I don't connect it once every 24 hours? Surely they could of handled this "reason" a much better way.

Another factor is what console my best friend will get as we game ALOT cooperatively. He's already said that most likely he'll eventually get both consoles, but he'd probably get the PS4 first.

The rest of the DRM/trade in/lend games to friends/used games thing doesn't bother me mainly because I buy new games, I hardly ever lend them out, nor do I trade them in. I can see however where that'd annoy some people to not have that freedom with a game they bought.

I'd get a PS4 in a heart beat. However, I don't like the controller as much as I like Xbox's. Xbox's for me is more comfortable, and feels better. PS4 doesn't have Forza, and I'm not as much of a fan of Gran Turismo as I used to be (not meant to incite a war or insult any fans).

How well does PS4 operate online? I heard from a friend that sometimes the PSN and or servers can be iffy.

Now I know what some people might say: Get both. However, $300 plus on a PS4 and a game or two, just to then get a $500 Xbox One with one or two games is a hell of an expense.

I had thought of waiting a year or two for the Xbox one to come down in price. By about that time I fully expect for Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6 to be rolling out of the garage.

I still haven't made a decision. At this point it's too soon to tell.

im a  big psn user and there servers are rarley down the only problem ive ever had are ea games there servers suck and and im not sure  but i think the ps4 will have more than 7gigs

my first ps3 was 40 gig and our second was the 80 gig that had extra slots and played ps2 games now i have a 500 gig

^ this guy has a point. You never want to buy a new electronic gizmo when they first come out. It's way more expensive, and it will have some bugs. Plus a lot of the new games will also be advailable for the old consoles as well.

• Upvote 1

I find it kind of uncomforting knowing that Xbox can watch you whenever you want and can report you even if they want. Its kinda stupid with the way they're carrying out with the console and what not, they're definitely going to lose a lot of sales due to the privacy issues.

Chuck Norris has a "C" in his name. PC has a "C" in it. Therefore PC is better. Umadbro's?

Chuck Norris has an "O" in his name. Playstation 4 has an "O" in it. Therefore, your comment is invalid. kthxbrah.

Well for the PSN servers, it actually runs fine if you have decent internet. For me, I usually come across no problems and I can game with no problems. As long as you have a decent internet speed, you should be good. 

• Upvote 1