Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

The grill says otherwise Partick. The raptor is the ONLY F150 with that style grill. Thanks for the clarification John. As far as the trophy truck version, there's 2. There's the factory Raptor R, a limited production version of the stock raptor which retailed at $90,000. You could purchase one from Fords SVT department. Basically a Baja ready raptor with a roll age and other safety features. The suspension was no different from the stock raptor except for a little better dampening. Then there's the "Raptor" that you see the desert racers driving. That's just a highly modified fiberglass mold of the raptor body. Fiberwerx makes them and even a Ranger to Raptor conversion kit. This body is totally different than what all the monster trucks are running. That's just a regular F-150 body with louvers and flared fenders/bed sides. I may be out of the desert scene, but I still know my stuff.

I'm sure John is going for the former of the two.

/end Harlow moment.

Ah, my bad then. I'm the least up to date on Ford of any of the manufacturers. Hell, I thought there was only one kind of Raptor in the first place. And now: Our regularly scheduled program. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience

Correct! For now I'm only taking a shot at the "showroom sale" stock version of the truck. Maybe I'll try for the fiberwerx style later on once I get a bit more practice and familiarity with body modeling.

I'll just drop in one more update to the truck before this thread is locked up. Horizontal curves are being added....

3RAV1.png

• Upvote 3