SSRS Back to School Bash: September 6-7, 2013 (8/10/13)

acdcfan56

OK.  First off I would like to say what I did following racing last night.  If you have any sort of complaint or comment on last nights event, feel free to message me on AIM.

Now to start.  I'm going to be honest some of the calls we made last night that upset people were not our best decisions and I probably would've made some different decisions looking back BUT, some of the reactions and responses I saw in the chat were disrespectful to the officials and anyone helping in the event.  Being as Johan and myself tried to make sure took into every last detail into the Rule Book, I'm now going to remind everyone of the 5th rule listed under the Overall Rules section of the Rule Book (the first page after the cover):

5. Respect all officials. If you do have a complaint or question, please respectively private message either on Sim-Monsters, AIM, or any other possible means of communication you and that official has. Any public showings of blatant disrespect to officials (“business” or personal disputes) will result in appropriate actions.

And we will be messaging anyone that we feel broke this rule last night with appropriate actions.

War Wagon vs Titan:
Giving Dan the redo wasn't a good solution BUT, that doesn't mean we gave Dan 6 (from what I remember to be the highest number of re-races some people said) re-races.  And before I go over what happened and how many times they raced, the reason that we thought Chris and Roach shouldn't do best of three was because they both had slow network download issues which pretty much negated Chris winning in our eyes.

What happened:
They raced once.  Dan said he got slow network download off the Go.  We decided to give him a redo.  To see if he would have issues again, we had Dan and Dylan line up to see how quickly they would get the Go.  Somewhere between this, Dylan must not have been fully informed of what was going on, so he started to just run his race.  We told him to line back up again and decided to do a time trial race, Best of Three (making the first race Dylan won and if Dan won the 2 time trial races he would move on).  Dan won the next 2 races and moved on.

I partially see where people can think there were 6 re-races, but there weren't.  When the next round came around, Dylan asked to see if him and Dan could just have one single race to just decide it.  When I mentioned it in the live stream that WE MAY BE RE-RACING WAR WAGON VS TITAN BECAUSE ONE OF THE DRIVERS REQUESTED A REDO and not that WE ARE RE-RACING THAT RACE and got the response as if I said WE ARE RE-RACING THAT RACE was damn near idiotic.  I really don't understand why everyone immediately jumped to conclusions when I was merely trying to let everyone know what someone said.  And again: If you have any sort of complaint or comment on last nights event, feel free to message me on AIM.

Blue Thunder vs Grave Digger the Legend.

Not as much to mention, but I thought I should just clarify what happened.  In the first race, Mark was going over the side rollers nearest to the finish stretch in a way that we couldn't decide if it was a one tire or not.  Mark offered a re-race so we did.  After we decided to re-race, we also decided going forward, what Mark did is now legal.  John Dough said that what he did was ok, making it seem as though the re-race was pointless.

Something from my personal perspective that I've noticed this season.

Anytime we slip up in this league, there are damn near split second, knee-jerk reactions that are just unnecessary and uncalled for.  Before any of us decided to start live streaming, any issues went unnoticed and no unnecessary actions were taken by outside parties.  After we started live streaming, this changed entirely.  Everyone (and that is a generalization) got a megaphone out and made sure they were heard in my opinion.  Now not to say our slip ups aren't a problem, or that we don't care enough to make sure this doesn't happen again, but we do make bad calls, and not all of them can be fixed.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and deal with it.  We can't fix every problem at that moment in time.  There are things we can't take into consideration until it happens and we are then forced into a corner and usually have 2 options to go with.  This is not an excuse, I think running a few bad events out of the 18 we've ran so far (from the preseason to last night) isn't all too bad right?

As for having to many people in the server, here is a list of the people we had in the server and their job:

1. Danny Mackey:

• First Job: Calling Go/Watching one tires/Watching for close races.
  • Second Job: Back up timer.
  • Third Job: Back up live streamer.
  • Fourth Job: Announcing.

2. Johan Seminario:

• First Job: Timer.
  • Second Job: Calling Go/Watching one tires/Watching for close races.
  • Third Job: Announcing.

3. Mark Colineri:

• First Job: Timer.
  • Second Job: Calling Go/Watching one tires/Watching for close races.
  • Third Job: Back up live streamer.
  • Fourth Job: Announcing.

4. John Dough:

• First Job: Announcing.
  • Second Job: Back up timer.
  • Third Job: Calling Go/Watching one tires/Watching for close races.

5. Tharindu Don:

• First Job: Live streamer
  • Second Job: Announcing.
  • Third Job: Back up timer.

6. Second Commentator (for example, Dan Agosh last night):

• First Job: Announcing.

7-8. Racers.

To be honest, when people say there are to many people in the server is a fair statement.  Going forward we may try to limit the number of people in the server.  However, when people say that you only need 2 people in a server, coming from a league that doesn't live stream events or time for lane choice is like comparing apples to oranges.

• Upvote 2

Danny, you and your associates are running the most realistic league I'd been a part of in MTM2 or RoR. I thoroughly enjoy running and watching the live streams. I must say I very much appreciate what  you all do! Would I do some things differently? Possibly. Maybe even add some or change a few things. However, those would be fairly small things. In conclusion I'd just like to say good job.