A note concerning V5

Outlawed

As I am sure many members on here are aware there was another leak of content thanks in part again to Mr. Anthony Eignauer/MonsterJamSeriesTV/WildThing101/whatever other alias's he uses, has been spreading like wildfire around to all of the wonderful people that have been banned off of this site. Video after video pop up on youtube and after a few days to figure it all out (who obtained the leak, what leaked, how it leaked and the overall damage) there has been a common theme between us content makers who were trying to push the level of our work for everyone to bring a real life representation into a virtual format. To have yet another issue with someone going to extreme measures to get half finished content that sadly does not even remotely showcase what we had in store, it is with heavy hearts it has been unofficially decided that V5 will be abandoned. Now before people fly off the rocker completely there is some light at the end of the tunnel. The content creators that have helped with the project can choose to release their content out to he public if they like, be it in full trucks or in parts. This means the community in whole will be able to produce their own content (much like MTM2 for those that were around during that time).

This is not a fun post to make, it took me several attempt to try and word it in a positive light, fact is we were already being the 8 ball with so much stuff to do and almost all the staff (minus me currently on disability from work) have school, jobs, lives outside their computers, meant that we were facing quite the climb. This game, no this community was born to be a hub for people that shared the same passion about this sport, but in a virtual setting. For a person to be so physically and emotionally wrapped up in a video game to go through the measures needed to facilitate a mess like this, not just once, but twice? I have seen some pretty big acts of desperation in my 20 some odd years on this planet, but this is one of the most extreme cases I have ever personally dealt with. 

It is a hollow and bitter feeling no doubt but at the end of the day, it's just another bump in the road. So lets look to the horizon and not the ditch.

• Upvote 4

Well since it's early and I'm too tired to come up with something original, I'll just post what I did on the facebook page:

I think anyone in their right mind can completely understand why you guys came to this decision. I can't imagine putting hours and hours into something only to have it ripped away by some 10 year old "hacker". At least we all know here that we don't need a shiny, brand new pack to keep this community together.

• Upvote 5

I don't see it why everyone should be punished for a troll's action. By feeding him, hes the only one with the content and we get jack squat. I say continue on because if not, then this looks to me like it's an excuse to not finish it. Take your time with it, it wasn't going to be released til next year anyway. By that time comes around I am sure most people will have forgotten about it. I really doubt a kid would go out of his way to hack a someones profile in which I doubt the content was even kept anyway.

• Upvote 11

As much as it's sad for V5 to be abandoned, and as upsetting it is to see some little kid ruin it, there's a silver lining in my eyes.

I've always said there's no natural progression in the trucks, but with this whole V5 pack gone, content makers can now do that and it'll seem more like natural progression instead of one big leap.

I don't see it why everyone should be punished for a troll's action. By feeding him, hes the only one with the content and we get jack squat. I say continue on because if not, then this looks to me like it's an excuse to not finish it. Take your time with it, it wasn't going to be released til next year anyway. By that time comes around I am sure most people will have forgotten about it. I really doubt a kid would go out of his way to hack a someones profile in which I doubt the content was even kept anyway.

Its not even a punishment. My respect for you has just gone out the window for what you just said. This is the 2nd pack I've been able to get the "behind the scenes" look at, and its not a walk in the park. It has been just stressful for everyone involved in this pack. The idea of releasing the props, physics etc. is probably the best thing for every one. What I'm assume will happen is the makers will release trucks/props/physics etc. As they finish them and the community can choose what they do with the content and make their own trucks. It's funny because Anthony didn't even get his hands on V5 and its a shame the project has to go out in a way that will probably disappoint a portion of the community. I see a broad future with this content though. NO ONE will be disappointed with this new content. It's the best stuff that these guys have made yet and I hope soon the whole community will get to drive this stuff. ( And I hope you guys don't get too much lag :P )

GOD DANGIT I HATE MONSTERJAMSERIES TV HE CAN SUCK MY ROOSTER I WANTED V5 I THINK IT SHOULD BE WORKED ON STILL WHO CARES IF THEY GET IT ITS NOT AS GOOD AS THE FINISHED PRODUCT SO STOP WORRYING AND MAKE THE DAMN PACK THAT MAKES ME ANGRY

Your arrogance is pissing me off very much. We aren't worried. We are making a good decision for our community.  Get your head out of your ass and try to understand our position here. 

• Upvote 7

I really doubt a kid would go out of his way to hack a someones profile in which I doubt the content was even kept anyway.

I don't want to come off as a dick, but you know nothing about this kid or what he has done. He's hacked damn near every staff member's AIM account and even tried to get into staff's Sim Monsters accounts, one of which was successful. He has been the biggest pain in the ass even when I joined the site.

OT: As what Tom said, that's the path we are taking. I can assure you though that all the v5 stuff I showed in the blog and in SYP will still be released, this includes:

Crusader

Son Uva Digger

GD the Legend

Edited by RockCrwlr
  • Upvote 2

SUD and Legend were ever showed? Dont recall seeing them...

Either way i had a feeling this would happen or at least be attempted again after the V4 incident. As much as it sucks to have it end that way it is probably for the best. Heck parts of V5 have already been stolen and will probably keep attempting to steal more of it as more got completed

Definatly not what I wanted to hear, but, as the custom V; truck states. Sh*t happens. I've heard numerous times of talk about "reporting him to the authorites", which, I'm sure, most people would definatly like to see. I'd be all for it, but I assume the damage is done?

Not knowing the age of the "hacker", would we be able to find a way to dictate the age limit of joining the site? It wouldn't fix the hacking part of it; byt it would fix the "WEHN ISH V9627 COMING OWT!!!", which in theory, should add nothing but stress. It's a shame that on all of the internet sites I have an account on, that younger people can't at least make an attempt to act mature.