Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

I was just looking at some of the event lineups for the Monster Jam shows next year and I noticed something. Derick Anson in Heavy Hitter and River Rat have a good bit of stadium show this first quarter. The way Derick Anson runs his monster truck I could see him giving the FELD trucks and drivers a run for their money when it comes to freestyle.

Here's their stadium show lineup:

January 11, 2014 - Atlanta, GA
January 18, 2014 - Houston, TX
January 25, 2014 - Indianapolis, IN
February 1, 2014 - St. Louis. MO
February 22, 2014 - Jacksonville, FL

Okay, this is the breakdown...

I am going to make a list of the 2014 Feld driver pairings for you guys to refer to...

Grave Digger/Dennis Anderson - Scooby-Doo!/Nicole Johnson

Grave Digger/Charlie Pauken - Iron Man/Dustin Brown

Grave Digger/Chad Tingler - (NEW TRUCK/DRIVER) (This new truck will also be used as a Radio Station truck for select shows).

Grave Digger/Carl Van Horn - Madusa

Grave Digger/Jon Zimmer - Batman/(MOST LIKELY JOHN SEASOCK)

Grave Digger/Pablo Huffaker - Wolverine/Aaron Basl & Ryan Huffaker

Grave Digger/Randy Brown - (NEW TRUCK/NEW DRIVER) (Joey Parnell now works with Steve Sims so it will not be him). (I am also assuming it will be the same chassis Superman WAS on when Joey Parnell drove last year... Just with a whole brand new body that Feld will come up with).

Grave Digger/Gary Porter - Monster Mutt/Whit Tarlton

Max-D/Tom Meents - (Tom usually travels alone but he MIGHT have a partner because I noticed most shows he is going to be in this year have an odd number of trucks which is very strange as Feld tries to stay away from that as much as possible).

Max-D/Neil Elliott - El Toro Loco (Orange)/Chuck Werner (I am told Chuck Werner will get a new chassis as well).

Max-D/Morgan Kane - (NEW TRUCK/NEW DRIVER)

Grave Digger The Legend/Adam Anderson (New chassis) - Captain America/Chad Fortune

Son-Uva Digger/Ryan Anderson - Monster Mutt Rottweiler/Rod Schmidt

El Toro Loco (Black)/Marc McDonald - Monster Mutt Dalmatian/Candice Jolly

El Toro Loco (Orange)/(MOST LIKELY LUPE SOZA) - Blue Thunder & The Rod Ryan Show/Dan Evans (There is maybe a possibility of Dan sharing driver time with someone else as some select shows Blue Thunder is scheduled in says the driver is still TBA).

Lucas Oil Crusader/Linsey Weenk - Captain's Curse/Alex Blackwell

El Diablo/JP - Mohawk Warrior/George Balhan

Iron Man/Lee O' Donnell - Zombie/Sean Duhon

Monster Energy/Damon Bradshaw - El Toro Loco (Yellow)/Becky McDonough

Northern Nightmare/Cam McQueen - Monster Mutt Dalmatian/Taryn Laskey

Metal Mulisha/Todd Leduc - (NEW TRUCK/MOST LIKELY NORM MILLER) (I say this as Norm was Todd's travel partner last year).

Team Hot Wheels Firestorm/Scott Buetow - (NEW TRUCK/NEW DRIVER)

Spider-Man/Bari Musawwir - (NEW TRUCK/NEW DRIVER)

*So after reviewing Superman is gone. Joey has moved on and the DC Comics company contract with Feld is up from what I am hearing. The only reason they keep Batman because it isn't a direct deal with DC... It is more of a deal they have with the movie company to keep Batman around.

*Grinder is gone because well obviously...

*After reviewing we are looking at 6 new trucks and possibly 7 if Tom ends up getting a touring partner. That means there will be 4 or 5 new drivers this year.

*A lot of people speculate that Hulk and Thor will make there way over... IF they do I could see Frank Krmel in Thor easily.

*Frank and Norm should be getting new trucks regardless

*Another likely candidate for a new ride is Scott Liddycoat... I mean think about it. The guy only did ONE show and was given a full blown bio on Monster Jam's website. Why would they do that if he is only going to drive one show? If you read it, they word it as if he is going to continue to drive in the future. It wouldn't be in Monster Mutt however. It would be a new truck.

*Max-D's will keep the same body styles next year except instead of it saying Decade of Destruction it will say Maximum Destruction under the Max-D logo.

INDEPENDENT STUFF...

*Team Survivor will most likely be driven by Trent Montgomery (Iron Outlaw is also scheduled to run in Grand Rapids, Michigan).

*Ice Cream Man will be driven by Buddy Tompkins and this is confirmed.

*Allen Pezo and his guys are still in the sport but he just hasn't decided who is going where yet.

*Play'n For Keeps will be driven by Tony Canedo and Airborne Ranger will return and be driven by Joe Cypher

*Mega Bite will be driven by both Jeff Anderson and Cory Rummell

*River Rat will most likely be run by Steven Snellen as I hear Vern House will be running the second War Wizard for Monster Nationals.

*For those who still don't know Chris Bergeron is retired (Duh) and the Slifko's have left the sport. (As Kozak mentioned). (Jeremy sold his NEW Backdraft to Paul Breaud and supposedly is going to open his own FAB shop).

*Bad Habit isn't running 1st quarter as someone has purchased his chassis and Joey so far will not have a new one by 1st quarter. He is not leaving the sport however.

*Obsessed will be driven by Eric Swanson

*Some shows The Destroyer is scheduled in say the driver is TBA. That is very strange as Roger is the only driver of that truck as far as he told me. I will talk to him about it though when he comes back from Argentina... IF he really isn't driving all MJ shows like he was going to, I am sure Mike Langlois would be the one Rog is sharing driving duties with. It is probably a mistake on Feld's part but I will provide you information on it shortly.

*The Bounty Hunter driver in Grand Rapids, Michigan is TBA as well.

*Raminator is going to be piloted by someone else I believe 1st quarter for MOST shows... as Mark Hall is running most of his first quarter for Monster Nationals. I might be wrong though. Just an educated guess.

*I hear Detour is going to eventually become Flower Power possibly.... (Unfortunately) I don't know when though.

OTHER RANDOM FACTS/GUESSES

*There is a show the first weekend in Bangor, Maine that is not listed on Monster Jam's site for some reason... It is confirmed however that Bradshaw and Becky will be there and I would assume Crushstation as well.

• Upvote 5

Okay, this is the breakdown...

I am going to make a list of the 2014 Feld driver pairings for you guys to refer to...

This was very informative thank you. Im excited to see John back in his championship truck even now because he has gotten so much better. Also excited for the new trucks, really looking forward to this season.

• Upvote 1

I know this probably isn't relevant but... FELD strikes again with their crappy spelling: 

Featuring Monster Jam® Trucks: Northern Nightmare℠ driven by Cam McQueen, Captain's Curse® driven by Alex Blackwell, Monster Mutt℠ Dalmatian driven by Candice Jolly, Bounty Hunter driven by Jim Creten, Scarlet Bandit driven by Daw Creten and More TBA!!
Subject to change without notice.

(From the London ON event)

Also there are going to be quite a few brand new monster trucks debut this year, not necessarily Monster Jam booked trucks but ya.

I do know there is a unnamed inhouse chassis sitting at the digger shop that has been done for a month or so now that had not be given a driver.

I must admit I have been thinking about whether FELD would actually put Lupe back into El Toro, and I think they probably wouldn't. Let's face it there are a bunch of other drivers for El Toro but there really has only ever been one main driver (McDonald) same thing with (to less extent) Max-D and Grave Digger are two that come to mind. FELD I can't see having two main drivers for El Toro, nor can I see them bumping Marc out of his position as the "Most Famous" El Toro driver. Plus that may run into problems with the World Finals, yes they could put Marc into a different truck just for Vegas. But I don't see that happening being that Marc has the black El Toro. 

However, they have been advertising the other El Toros as Orange, so maybe their coming out with a new red El Toro? After all they did advertise (at least for the first quarter) last year that Chucks, Aarons, etc. were Red. Then Lupe would hop into the Red one.

The chassis that was used for the old El Toro is what Wolverine is on now I believe... I would count on Lupe in El Toro though. Yes Marc is kind of the star now but Lupe was the original and remember he had some of his best highlights ever in that truck. Also don't forget all 3 big names that were in Grinder. So there can easily be two big names with the same identity. As far as vegas.... Marc drives El Toro for Racing and Lupe for Freestyle... Problem solved xD

Didn't think about the grinder (duh)... FELD also never seems to be creative as outlawed said so I can see how FELD would do that now with the WF. But I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE 1 DRIVER RACING 1 DRIVER FREESTYLE THING!!!! Marc may do well in racing... But according to the stats lupe would roll it like 3rd hit in.

What about the 2014 track design? There's always been sort of a base design for the tracks that run with the tracks all season long. For example in 2013 the combo with the triangle "cross-thread" ramps on the side. Then the bus stack with the car stack on the one side the dirt ramp on the other, with the two sides being steeper ramps.

Any thoughts?