Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

Hard to enjoy when the track's essentially the same, haha.

Not really, no. The show that comes here has been essentially the same layout since 1990. I still enjoy every single year I go. Track design has very little to do to decide how good a show is. It's what the drivers can do with it that matters.

... i can kind of side with dandon because in the years of minneapolis shows I went to, I was always excited to see if they had a new layout but no... the same, boring , roundy round... I liked it better when they started in the center and went to the outside of the track... more fun to watch what they did in fs when they had a table top in the center....

As for the world finals, It has the same hook shape race for the most part.... not that they could do much else, but atleast change some materials.... put sand in corners, or something to make it more interesting... FS wise... Change the jump layout... maybe put a jump in the center of the stadium... not towards a end of a stadium.... 1 backflip container, maybe a airplane jump or boat? 

Just make it Interesting.... Im kind of bored with the world finals because it always seems to be the same layout. / end rant type thing

... i can kind of side with dandon because in the years of minneapolis shows I went to, I was always excited to see if they had a new layout but no... the same, boring , roundy round... I liked it better when they started in the center and went to the outside of the track... more fun to watch what they did in fs when they had a table top in the center....

As for the world finals, It has the same hook shape race for the most part.... not that they could do much else, but atleast change some materials.... put sand in corners, or something to make it more interesting... FS wise... Change the jump layout... maybe put a jump in the center of the stadium... not towards a end of a stadium.... 1 backflip container, maybe a airplane jump or boat? 

Just make it Interesting.... Im kind of bored with the world finals because it always seems to be the same layout. / end rant type thing

Don't forget, the track you see now will have added things and be somewhat different on Saturday for freestyle.

Not really, no. The show that comes here has been essentially the same layout since 1990. I still enjoy every single year I go. Track design has very little to do to decide how good a show is. It's what the drivers can do with it that matters.

Not saying that the drivers won't make the best of it and put on a show, I would just personally like to see them attack a different style of track for freestyle or even racing then what we see right now. The drivers they have out there are the best of the best, and the track builders and dirt crew deserve major props for putting in the time and effort and non-stop hours of work into making this track like the blueprints that they were handed. I just wish that these blueprints had a little variety in them every year for Vegas. Who knows, I may or may not enjoy the show. Last few years at Vegas, from what I've seen, have been kinda "meh", but I'm hoping this year is a change. So far, I'm not seeing a difference in terms of freestyle: one-hit wonders from few (because of obstacle size and angle), complete destruction of trucks by many if not all, and a show that some fans might just walk out of there completely amazed at. 

I think the layout is fine. though we've seen it since 2011, it has made for some good shows. The only thing I didn't like was the double container. It just seems like it dead ends the track and drivers have to stop and go around, breaking the flow. I thought one container was enough, my personal opinion, we all have a right to our own opinion. I hoped not to see that this year. That other container will probably stop the "who can jump more of that 4 (or is it 5?) stack obstacle contest we all know would have happened. I think a lot of trucks will die on that obstacle this weekend lol! But I have no doubt we're in for a good show.