Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Mark Colineri

in all seriousness BF is slow and boring to play and I have played BF2/3 aswell as the COD series. The only redeeming quality is doing stupid poo in the vehicles and hitting people with em.

I guess it would depend on what tupe of pkaystyle you prefer. Some people look the whole run-n-gun, speedy gameplay of Call of Duty, and other, like the more tactical, think before you shoot (Ok, fine, it's a bit more run and guj than that.) situations of Battlefield. I always thought CoD rounds went by way to quickly, if one guys was really good, and the oposing team could even aim in the right direction, but Battlefield seems to taylor more to both. You can have the run and guns charging up hard, and the more conservative guys laying back, picking people one at a time. If you did that on CoD, you'd get yelled at by a 1st grader claiming you "hardscoped" (sniping how you're supposed to), were "famping" (protecting an area to force the other team to use different routes.). What grinds my gears about CoD is that when you do something that would be greatly appriciated in real life, you get bashed because aparently you don't fall into the catagory of the CoD elietists who believe it is unholy to aim down sights with a sniper rifle.

Sorry if I carried on a bit to much there. In a nutshell, CoD has become one of those games that players have twisted the game style so much, that half the stuff that would work in real life gets flip flopped to the oposite thing. Call of Duty, the only game where guys on the frontlines use sniper rifles, and the guys picking people off using sub machine guns.

• Upvote 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXzPV4OjRQ

in all seriousness BF is slow and boring to play and I have played BF2/3 aswell as the COD series. The only redeeming quality is doing stupid poo in the vehicles and hitting people with em.

I respect that opinion. BF is a slower paced game compared to Call Of Duty. COD is just too unrealistically fast pace for me. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The main thing about Battlefield and CoD that actually creates a good rivalry is the fact that:

Battlefield Series:

Intended to have a realistic aspect and surroundings of a war zone and feel of well...a battlefield. A good multiplayer to the aspects of vehicles used in war to wager out the online battle.

Call of Duty Series:

Intended to have a fun time to sit down and relax and kick some a** with really dumb AI to be a veteran...and online is more for playing with friends and some good times...that or raging at quick-scoping people who win free for all by 20 kills... 

They both have their flaws:

Battlefield has usually one side dominating and the other losing terribly from poor match making and as well as one side with 10 people and another with 2.

Call of Duty has trolls and now the "flickering" model issue with Ghosts, main reason I turned away from it.

I was hardcore CoD gamer, I have them all up to Black Ops two, I'll eventually get Ghosts..maybe

for now its all about Battlefield. I like the realism and beautiful engine it uses.

If Battlefield is too slow for you then play the smaller maps that are almost full (as in no vehicles at all kind of small) not sure if that exists in BF4 but with the right mix of players you can have a really fast paced constant action type of game in which I've seen unsuspecting players type in chat that it is too fast for them. I guess if I ever wind up with internet capable and a console I should play COD as well since I enjoy the fast pace and usually play a heck of a lot better then the slower matches. :lol: