2015 Ford Mustang Opinions

acdcfan56

I gotta say, its a big change from the previous one. Interesting look, I like the front, looks more aggressive. Though the rear is a bit simple, and could have been done a lot better. Also just the whole look of the car, doesn't look like a muscle car anymore. More of tuner car by looks, muscle by heart sort of deal Interesting way for their 50th anniversary . Also supposedly this new mustang is suppose to be 400 pounds lighter, than the previous one. 

Though the only thing that gets me curious, it does look a bit like their fusion, and I'm fearing that the future versions of the mustangs, will end up looking like the ford fusion.

Here are the specs all estimated. Might not be accurate either. But this is the best I have found.

Make: Ford
Model: Mustang

Engine: V6

Transmission: Six-Speed Manual (Est.)

Horsepower @ RPM: 300 (Est.)

Torque @ RPM: 270 (Est.)

Displacement: 3.7 L 0-60

Time: 6 sec. (Est.)

Top Speed: 155 mph (Est.

2015-ford-mustang-front-angle-970x548-c.

2015-ford-mustang-rear-tail-lights-angle2015-ford-mustang-side-970x548-c.jpg

Though I've seen other pictures, of another "mustang". And that one is very similar to the fusion. Now is that a new version of the fusion? Or was it the original design for the mustang.

ford-evos-concept-1.jpg

What do you guys think of the new mustang model?

• Upvote 1

I honestly like it.  It looks like a Challenger/Charger/Mustang/GTX.  It looks mean.  That horse power is just poo though.  The fusion is just a little behind.  They went from about 650 HP last year to 300. Kinda wierd.

EDIT:160th POST!!!!!

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new one. It just looks to much like a...sedan to me. I liked the omd agressive boxy shape of the original 60's and 70's models, and even the '05 still kept the squared off look to it. Not sure how it'll preform on the street, so i'll wait until I see the actual car on TV or something, but the looks on the other hand just aren't doing it for me. Basicly took the American car that was king of the late 60's (No offense to you Chevy guys, I liked the Cameros, too) and turned it into a grocery-getter. Just no.

Edit: Also, I think the bottom pickture is just a Fusion. Kinda hard to make out details on an iOS screen, but the front end reminds me a lot of the NASCAR Ford Fusions they're running now, and I must say THAT looks more aggressive than the new Mustang.

No.

This is the first Mustang I dislike the look of entirely. I've been impartial to all the others up until now. This is bad.

Also, apparently the new I-4 Ecoboost is predicted to have better specs than the old V-6. I guess chalk one up for ecoboost, even though imports have been competing with smaller engines for a while now.

EDIT: Also Jack, I'm pretty sure your looking at different models. The V-6 makes ~300 HP, and has for a while. It never made 650 HP factory. You're comparing it to the Shelby GT500. Big mistake there.

EDIT 2: Speaking of ridiculous power from a V-6, throwing in a GT-R just to make 'Muricun's mad. 2014-Nissan-GT-R.jpg

ehhhhhhhhehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhehhhhhhhhhehhhhhhehhhhhhehhhhhhhhehhhhhhhhhhhhhehhhhhhhhh......

I don't like it. Mustangs are supposed to look tough and muscly. This is too...sporty. Not that I have anything against sporty cars, it just doesn't work for Mustangs.

• Upvote 1

i like i look of the new model...but for the price i would much rather buy something else (not that mustangs are bad) its just that for as often as i see Corvettes, Stangs, Challegners, Cameros and Trucks i wouldnt ever want to buy one

I honestly like it.  It looks like a Challenger/Charger/Mustang/GTX.  It looks mean.  That horse power is just poo though.  The fusion is just a little behind.  They went from about 650 HP last year to 300. Kinda wierd.

EDIT:160th POST!!!!!

You're kidding right? That looks absolutely nothing like a Challenger or Charger (unless your comparing based on 4dr sedans) it doesn't look terrible as I've seen far worse but I honestly don't think it fits the Mustang name very well. To me it seems more like a cheap Aston Martin more then a Mustang or perhaps the performance variant of the Fusion. What this Mustang looks like is similar to what I had expected the Challenger to look like when it was announced to return and I'm glad it was the complete opposite. For myself if I ever buy a mustang it will either be the classic from the 60's or one of the last generation Shelby editions. The new Corvette I didn't really care for at first but it's been growing on me but there is a difference...the corvette has always been kind of round whereas the Mustang...was not.

Short version: It's not terrible but it could be better. I don't hate it entirely, mainly the front end I'm not a big fan of.

No.

This is the first Mustang I dislike the look of entirely. I've been impartial to all the others up until now. This is bad.

Also, apparently the new I-4 Ecoboost is predicted to have better specs than the old V-6. I guess chalk one up for ecoboost, even though imports have been competing with smaller engines for a while now.

EDIT: Also Jack, I'm pretty sure your looking at different models. The V-6 makes ~300 HP, and has for a while. It never made 650 HP factory. You're comparing it to the Shelby GT500. Big mistake there.

EDIT 2: Speaking of ridiculous power from a V-6, throwing in a GT-R just to make 'Muricun's mad. 2014-Nissan-GT-R.jpg

That along with the R34 will most likely never be removed from my wishlist of cars both preferably right hand drive as well...have yet to see one in person. :(

:wub:

OT here but any way we could like 2 dedicated forums for Cars and Trucks?

Edited by RKM
  • Upvote 1