Just a thought

TheNickLoynes

Im new around here and don't know the rules so please don't think im coming in to hard. If i am just let me know.
Ive had sim monsters for awhile but never been on the site. Let me just add very well put together and so are the trucks
What would you guys think of a event that had no racing just freestyle just ran like 6 events. This isnt the full thing this is just whats being thought of at the time. it would be 6 big events with just freestyle and real trucks. now ive heard about a rii system now idk how that works. Me and my friend were talking about having no rules about a rii system unless you tap the wall or go into the stands. The only other thing is do you people us team speak? i have a team speak we all can use for this. Now like i said this is just an idea nothing thats gonna happen, idk if im aloud to make events or not. Like i said im new so if im doing something wrong please tell me

I'm going to have to agree with Cannon on this one. I'm not as good in Racing as I am in Freestyle, but the idea of an event without racing just doesn't spark an interest in my mind. They even have a league, or maybe it was a Fun Run, where it is only Racing and people still enjoyed that.

You don't have to be any specific "ranking" or anything to make an event. Basically, you just have to have a Sim-Monsters account and make a topic. Now, the challenges for you aren't the ones ON Sim-Monsters, your challenges will be actually conducting the event.

I only remeber seeing freestyle mania in arenas which sucked. I cant stand racing. I would just join an event for freestyle. What's so fun about going over a little ramp and taking a few turns? I honestly don't see why people like racing, yet again this is just my 2 cents

• Upvote 2

Freestyle only leagues proved to be quite fun back in the days of MTM2. Those were the leagues I cut my teeth on when I first started participating in online competitions. I've been wanting to see a freestyle only league for sometime now. Most people may not like the idea only because of a personal preference, or wanting leagues to be more like actual Monster Jams where there is both racing and freestyle. There has already been a number of these sorts of leagues. So imho, a freestyle only league would be a nice switch from the norm.

As for your question about RII's, all vehicles in RoR have an ignition system allowing you to toggle your engine on and off. In these leagues, if a truck gets in to a certain amount of trouble where an RII is needed, the league officials would then send an in game chat message saying to "RII". At this point, the driver of the truck would have to abide by the league officials ruling, and shut themselves off.

Since you're new, I would suggest speaking to some other league owners (refer to the League Directory) and pick their brains. They would be able to answer your questions. You could also sit in for a few of their events to get an idea of how things are ran.

As a further recommendation, you could always host fun runs of such an event to not only see how much interest is sparked in such an idea, but to also test things out before making a go at a full fledged league or series of events.

If enough interest is sparked in this, then I say go for it!

• Upvote 1

See I view racing as real competition. Its not fixed, its not opinionated. Its just real. Freestyle is 100% opinionated. Opinions are always different and judges could be bias. I prefer racing over FS. To watch, FS. But to actually be a part of, racing. Anyone can floor it on a jump and get huge air in this game. But not everyone can take a fast pass on a racing course. Its more competitive as well. Personally, I was part of a Freestyle Mania league waaaaaay back when that Mike Elmendorf ran (If I remember correctly). And I prefer having racing in an event.

I only remeber seeing freestyle mania in arenas which sucked. I cant stand racing. I would just join an event for freestyle. What's so fun about going over a little ramp and taking a few turns? I honestly don't see why people like racing, yet again this is just my 2 cents

Man you've been really snappy lately

Racing isn't just hitting a few turns (in Monster Jam, yeah, but look at guys like Rich Shaefer who make it interesting)

I for one despise freestyle with a passion. It's barely competition at all. why can't they think of something decent to do with those drivers instead of them just putting around for 90 seconds unnecessarily destroying their trucks? The last thing I'd wanna see is a league devoted entirely to freestyle. It'd dilute everyone's talent.

I for one despise freestyle with a passion. It's barely competition at all. why can't they think of something decent to do with those drivers instead of them just putting around for 90 seconds unnecessarily destroying their trucks? The last thing I'd wanna see is a league devoted entirely to freestyle. It'd dilute everyone's talent.

I completely agree