BeamNG

Aces98

OK I looked around on the site a bit and didnt see anything about it, so im just going to make a new thread.

My first thread hope I'm not breaking any rules here :3

Does anyone who has the "know how" to do so, plan to make any content for content for Beamng? it would be so great to see IMO! 

It can't be much more different to import models, Jbeams and such. Its basically the same game.

I think there would be much more potential for realism with the newer engine and rendering.

Just curious thats all.

Also, is there a way to just import the already made v4 pack trucks into the game?

I know Nadeox1 one did it with the map Mt.Shell., but the chances of me contacting him are slim to none since hes a stuck-up "popular" youtuber.

Thank you!

Would be great to start seeing some monster jam content in BeamNG. Although i'm not sure BeamNG supports heavy machinery (witch I think would include monster trucks) yet.

Also converting a car from rigs of rods to BeamNG is not easy. Converting maps is a lot easier than vehicles because all you have to do for a map is load the height map in the Torque 3d editor and work on it from there. But a vehicle needs a lot of programming.

There is some info on how to convert vehicles form ROR to BeamNG on the BeamNG wiki. 

-Autofan on BeamNG forums  :)

we have had a few members try to make some stuff for BeamNG, from what I was told from SealedGecko (he started putting a Monster Truck together) it is just a straight up nightmare to deal with. They really need to focus more so on user friendly programs to assist people making mods. One of the major flaws of ROR was how cryptic it is to make stuff for it.

I messed around a lot with terrains with BeamNG. It has its upsides and downsides. Making tracks is a challenge but you can create realistic environments with the ingame editor, and of course some experience is needed as well.

Do you mean something like this?

how much do you want for it?

I messed around a lot with terrains with BeamNG. It has its upsides and downsides. Making tracks is a challenge but you can create realistic environments with the ingame editor, and of course some experience is needed as well.

I've never done or tried anything like that much. The only thing I have done is small amounts of modeling and some reskinning.

pretty proud of this one hehe: http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/1194-cardiac-arrest-custom-monster-truck/

we have had a few members try to make some stuff for BeamNG, from what I was told from SealedGecko (he started putting a Monster Truck together) it is just a straight up nightmare to deal with. They really need to focus more so on user friendly programs to assist people making mods. One of the major flaws of ROR was how cryptic it is to make stuff for it.

Really? thats a shame. It does seem a lot more challenging than RoR to make mods and such. Seems like all the file types are wacky.

well anyways thanks for the information, and I hope someone steps up to the challenge :D

Sealed Gecko's looks really good why didnt he continue with it??

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...