Show Your Projects Chapter 33

DannyMackey

*Le Pic*

Detroit is dern!

If I could make one suggestion, the paint just seems to bright, as in neon color, and it really doesn't look like dirt, more like plastic to me.  I'd say tone the color down a bit, and maybe add, not necessarily tire wear marks, but some sort of a different texture or something.

Other than that, great work!

13996289626_8de5baf44d_o.jpg

What? I made a custom truck? What sorcery is this? :P Kidding aside, this is the truck I will be using for the upcoming SSRS Custom Series. Took forever to get the paint done, but I'm glad for the results! Should be released in the upcoming weeks. :D

HO. LEE. CRAP

Texturing South West Fairgrounds.  Racing and Freestyle are complete.  All that's left to do is texture the grandstands, lights and paint some lines on the track.  What do you guys think?

swfairprev1_zpsf9f80432.png

swfairprev2_zpsb9cd0527.png

swfairprev3_zps856dfd80.png

swfairprev4_zps82ba9ea0.png

swfairprev7_zpsd725f7ac.png

swfairprev8_zpse4ad4bc2.png

Ive noticed some texture mapping issues with some jumps.  How can i get them to look better and not stretched? 

swfairprev5_zps418a4818.png

swfairprev6_zps155bdffb.png

• Upvote 4

Well start of paint (By Edy) Guys give me feedback, because i can do the texture myself and see if it comes out better or not.

I think the only issue with the paint is that you can't see any of the dirt grains through the colored ramps. If you (or Edy) mess with the opacity a little (I think 80% is what I used to do, but  it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure) I think the textures will look a lot better.

Edit: That goes for the white lines too

Also, it might be too late for this track, but breaking the floor texture into two pieces isn't really the way to go. The seem that shows up in game is really ugly, it's better to just make one floor texture that's 2048 x 2048.

I think I might have been the one who started breaking the floor textures into two parts, and I apologize lol. After a while I realized it wasn't the best way to do it.

Other than those two things though, I'm liking it.