Brand New Dodge Charger for 2015

Lookey2000

my family owns a newer charger, and we seem to like it... not bad for a 4 door if you have the HEMI B) And for the fact the color is Toxic Orange... It is pretty neat and people comment on it all the time... no matter what age range we have gotten complements....

Looks horrible.. looks like a damn dart revamped, but the dart looks like crap too..

Most of the darts do indeed look like crap, the version we have I find to look a lot better compared to a stock one however it definitely was not my decision otherwise we most likely would have had a 2013/2014 Charger. I don't hate the Dart but I can't say I like it very much either. The one thing that made me like the Challenger when it was brought back was that it looked like a modernized version of the old one but still kept a decent amount of the styling cues.

No the problem stems with the fact that Dodge is already having to rummage into their shallow bucket of names with any validity (Dart, Charger, Challenger, etc) to sell otherwise crappy cars. Add in the fact is the current generation has zero idea what those names meant or the people that actually do remember, sure as hell not going to get duped into buying a shitty car for the sake of a nameplate. Automotive industry has gone the same way of music.

You could say the same about just about every manufacturer out there, Ford/Chevy/etc...

I must agree with Double D., as his point is 100% valid. However they should also keep producing muscle cars, keeping them true to their heritage and looks. There will always be some market for it. As with what Outlawed said, the younger generations don't know what those cars meant way back when. In the way of the music industry, I blsme some of it on these crappy screamo bands, but the rest is on record companies. No bands WANTS a record deal now, they know they will just get robbed. As a working musician, I understand why everyone wants to start their own record company, record at home and sell on iTunes, or use some around town, underground recording studio.

Well with the released Fiat plans for Dodge to become a performance brand we can only hope for changes that won't suck but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. There is a market but evidently not as large as we trick ourselves into believing, just look at the current Viper.

my family owns a newer charger, and we seem to like it... not bad for a 4 door if you have the HEMI B) And for the fact the color is Toxic Orange... It is pretty neat and people comment on it all the time... no matter what age range we have gotten complements....

I don't think there are any 2015 Chargers on the lots but I could be wrong. I have also noticed that with the Charger it seems to be a rather boring look then a few years later it changes into something that I can actually stand looking at. The only thing I don't particularly like on the 2015 from what I've seen so far is the front end, I don't hate it but it doesn't have the same attitude compared to a 2014. Now if only they would offer it as a coupe or something...

If anything can we all agree on that sad fact the Charger is not available with a manual transmission but the Dart is?

• 2 weeks later...

that is kinda sad... i mean the one we have (2012) is a "slap shift"... i think that was the closest you could get to a manual... another thing I hate is that you cannot turn off AWD if it is not necessarry for example, when it goes below 40 degrees it switches into AWD and you cannot override it....

• 3 weeks later...

When people think Dodge Charger they think Big 2 Door Muscle straight line monster probably with a blower through the hood...not 4 door family car that gets beat by a Scion/Toyota

2013 Dodge Charger SXT    0-60 mph 6.5    Quarter Mile 14.9

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8    0-60 mph 4.3    Quarter Mile 12.6

VS

1968 Dodge Charger (Auto)   0-60 mph 4.7   Quarter mile 13.3

1973 Dodge Charger SE   0-60 mph 7.3   Quarter mile 15.0

2013 Scion FR-S (Manual)    0-60 mph 6.2    Quarter Mile 14.5

2011 Nissan 370Z   0-60 mph 4.6   Quarter Mile 13.0

1996 BMW M3   0-60 mph 4.3   Quarter mile 12.3

2012 BMW 328i Sedan Sport (Auto)    0-60 mph 5.5    Quarter Mile 14.0

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ (5.3L V8) Crew Cab    0-60 mph 6.6    Quarter Mile 15.0

2013 Dodge Charger SXT    0-60 mph 6.5    Quarter Mile 14.9

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8    0-60 mph 4.3    Quarter Mile 12.6

VS

1968 Dodge Charger (Auto)   0-60 mph 4.7   Quarter mile 13.3

1973 Dodge Charger SE   0-60 mph 7.3   Quarter mile 15.0

2013 Scion FR-S (Manual)    0-60 mph 6.2    Quarter Mile 14.5

2011 Nissan 370Z   0-60 mph 4.6   Quarter Mile 13.0

1996 BMW M3   0-60 mph 4.3   Quarter mile 12.3

2012 BMW 328i Sedan Sport (Auto)    0-60 mph 5.5    Quarter Mile 14.0

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ (5.3L V8) Crew Cab    0-60 mph 6.6    Quarter Mile 15.0

Little bit unfair to compare a few of those I think especially when you factor in weight which includes various engine, transmission and other drive-train options.

I've found in my few minutes of searching it's not exactly the easiest thing to find the listed weights.

• 2009~Present Cadillac CTS-V - 4,250 lbs - RWD - V8 (Supercharged)
  • 2011-2014 Charger - 4,160 lbs - RWD/AWD - V6-V8
  • 2014 Chevrolet SS - 3,576–3,924 lbs - RWD - V8
  • 2013~Present Scion FR-S - 2,758-2,806 lbs - RWD - V4

Obviously the Charger is quite heavy which is no secret but it should be compared to similar vehicles such as the Chevrolet SS, Cadillac ATS/CTS, Ford Fusion, etc...

More on the CTS-V

Official 0-60 mph time for the second-generation CTS-V is 3.9 seconds, while the quarter mile is run at 12.0 seconds at 118 mph (190 km/h).[11] These numbers were duplicated by Road and Track magazine (0-60 in 3.9 seconds for the automatic and 4.1 seconds for the manual). Cadillac CTS-V´s top speed is 198 mph (319 KPH), which makes this car the world's fastest production sedan. (From here)

Clearly weight isn't everything but it can make a big difference comparing a stock engine to a supercharged or turbocharged engine.

• 4 weeks later...

my bad.. i was wrong and put 2012... i meant 2011... and tbh, what about comaro? they have changed quite a bit in design and do not resemble it much anymore... why is everyone B$#@^!&% out dodge? Mustang looks went downhill since 2004-present too in my opinion...