Tracks of today or yesterday?

Hornetguy97

I thought World Finals 9 had a fantastic layout

World Finals 9 still remains the best World Finals to date, in my book. The track was awesome, everyone was able to compete in racing and freestyle to their fullest abilities (yes, there were a few bad breaks as well, which is normal for an event), and it also had the best freestyle championship winning run to date in my opinion, too. Just an overall great show.

• Upvote 4

The best tracks,in my opinion, were during 2004 to 2009.Today's tracks are great as well, but it needs more cars to crush. And instead of having many backflip ramps (This year's world finals had many), I would put just one backflip ramp.

2002-2011 was the best for me. Unique colors, cool obstacles, (My favorite being the van stack-to-dirt-hill thing in St. Louis 2010.), and exciting freestyles. I'm fine with backflips, it's just they need to vary it. Such as use a container or a stack of cars like what they do in monster x tour. This years set of tracks were meh. Atlanta was cool, so was Houston and St. Louis.

I liked the year St. Louis had the absolutly massive car pad. You didn't see that anywhere else and the tracks just looked cooler back then. Yeah, the trucks didn't go insanely high, but they still got massive air for what they had. 2003-2010 was my thing. Loved WF8, 9, 11 for some reason, 10 and 7 was the first one I ever saw on TV.

I miss the days when seeing a truck rollover or make an amazing save actually catch you by suprise (2010 and back) now a days its just like, oh another rollover, oh another backflip, oh big air. Its just lost its value it used to have IMO

I miss the days when seeing a truck rollover or make an amazing save actually catch you by suprise (2010 and back) now a days its just like, oh another rollover, oh another backflip, oh big air. Its just lost its value it used to have IMO

I think big air will always catch me by surprise, backflips ehh

I liked the year St. Louis had the absolutly massive car pad. You didn't see that anywhere else and the tracks just looked cooler back then. Yeah, the trucks didn't go insanely high, but they still got massive air for what they had. 2003-2010 was my thing. Loved WF8, 9, 11 for some reason, 10 and 7 was the first one I ever saw on TV.

I liked the car pad too. tracks were really exciting back then. Sometime it would be exciting just to wait and see what the track layout is for fs. World Finals 7 was my first monster jam show too.

Crashes and saves caught me by surprise [back then], but, it was kinda annoying to see the trucks freestyle and not crash. Sometimes the crash is just lame (Example: The truck tips over on a slow and tight turn) or none of the trucks performed a save. That was the only problem I had with monster jam (Except at Philly in 2010 when they had a cash prize for what crash was the best. That's why there were a crapton of crashes.

I honestly could care less what a track looks like. If I can walk away from a show saying I had a good time, that's all that matters.

When you're at a show its fun no matter what. on TV its a whole other story.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked it in minny when they started by jumping a dirt table top in the middle then go into the first turn.... made for some interesting saves in FS

or when adam anderson debuted in taz in minny... he did a end over end front flip off a jammer i thought that was cool kinda the first endo-front flip thingy done in a monster truck to my knowledge