Favorite venue to see a Monster Truck show

maxdfandan555

Probably in Ardmore Oklahoma. Mainly because I got to help tire down on Bigfoot. Darron, my dad, and I got the truck tired down and loaded up in about two hours while all the other trucks were still sitting outside their trailers.

2nd place would probably be the Cowboys Stadium. It's a helluva venue but the prices for food are absurd. Even the top seats are nice. You can see the entire field, watch the jumbo tron and $25 a pop ain't bad either. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have three favorites:

Carrier Dome (Syracuse,NY)-Love how the city is a "college town", and how the stadium is almost built around their team. Of course, the seats are benches instead of chairs, and almost the entire stadium is built out of concrete, built it tells you how everyone loves their team. It's like how the fans of the Cleveland Browns love their team although all they do is lose.

Console Energy Center (Pittsburgh, PA)-The facility is very clean and nice for being in a city that lost most of it's steel business 100 years ago. Large windows looking out into the streets of Pittsburgh, clean facility,neat screens that show off Hall-of-Famers, and friendly staff all tell you that this stadium is relatively new. Plus, the chairs are comfortable. Looks a  lot better than the arena that Pittsburgh had before.

Eldora Speedway (New Weston, OH)-Great place for Monster Jam. Has long stretches for the trucks to roam around on, no parking fees, and easy access between the speedway and parking places (which is REALLY nice on a hot day, where you can just leave the speedway, hang out in your car for half an hour, and put the AC on full blast). Plus, instead of giving you separate tickets for the Party in the Pits and the show, they give you combo tickets. Also, the food/ drinks are cheap. Only 1 dollar for some coke!  

The Skydome/Rogers Centre. No one over here like it being called the Rogers Centre but overall the stadium is pretty nice. Probably the coolest part is getting there. The easiest way is taking the train. You get off at the station and go directly through a skywalk tunnel sorta deal all the way to the stadium. You walk directly over trains and stuff which is pretty cool though. But it isn't as nice after the show. As soon as you get out of the skywalk you look up and you see the CN Tower which is probably the coolest part. if you go to the Saturday show it looks like this when you walk out of the stadium. Inside the stadium its nice, lots of windows overlooking downtown, food is good but expensive as hell, washrooms are nice, and lots of merch stands/food vendors all around the stadium. 

Some pics from this year's show:

http://puu.sh/aGhkx/6df7aef65f.jpg

http://puu.sh/aGgwT/7fe3b306dc.jpg

http://puu.sh/aGgzR/6bd8e9c473.jpg

http://puu.sh/aGgCE/128e741e34.jpg

New Orleans - Mercedes-Benz Superdome

Las Vegas - Sam Boyd Stadium

Jacksonville - Everbank Field

New Orleans has always had great shows, and will always be my favorite. Sam Boyd Stadium is a great place to see MTs get great air and awesome saves, but lacks in quality IMO. Haven't been to Jacksonville since 2012, but had some great shows and has good quality, but lacks in good obstacles.

Never been to Toronto, but once I get a passport I might go (I don't live too far away, I live a little south of Michigan). We might also head up to Detroit in 2015. We tried to go this year, but was busy with a tournament that day. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm i enjoy Firebird Raceway (Now known as Gila River Raceway once the Native Americans took it over), Glendale Stadium and Chase Field/Bank One Ball Park. All 3 are nice locations with good stadiums. I love Chase Field and find it to be a beautiful stadium and love the opening roof. Glendale i enjoy the stadium just wish it has some more color since most of it is bare concrete with some red here and there. And Firebird is just a great location to be at with everything that can be done there plus if your at a show there and want to kinda get away for a minute you can go sit down by the lake there and enjoy the sound of the water.