Allmonster.com Monster Profile: Dennis Anderson

JoshDIGRhodes

This was an interview I had wanted to conduct for a very long time. I've interviewed legends of this sport before. Jimmy Creten, Bob Chandler, Army Armstrong, Mark Hall, Tom Meents. . .but the one interview i always wanted to get, was with the Icon: Dennis Anderson. I thought i'd post the link to this interview over here for everybody to see. I want to thank Dennis for taking time out of his nightmarishly busy schedule to talk with me.

Oh yeah, Ryan Anderson, I'd love to get an interview with you to man.

http://allmonster.co...er-profile.html

• Upvote 2

THIS:

JR- Which drivers from the early days of Monster Trucks, do you wish were still racing today?

DA- I wish Andy Brass was still in the business, wish he was still racing. I kind of wish Bigfoot was in our game over here, because Bigfoot used to beat up on me when he had all his money a long time ago. I really wish they were over here in the Monster Jam series. I don't think thats going to happen.

THIS:

JR- Is there anything from the early days of Monster Truck racing that you'd like to see come back to this day and age?

DA- Yes, I'm gonna tell you right now man, we're getting ready for my 30th anniversary tour. I wanted to do a Dennis Anderson retro-classic 30th anniversary tour. In some of the buildings that we go to twice, we call it double dippin', going back more than one time. I'd love to bring something back for one or two generations that havn't seen it. Like the multiple engine pulling tractors, I'd like to bring them out. Just a little handful of them, to give the crowd a taste. Bring back the mud bog, and the old style car crushing. All we would need is about four leaf spring trucks and put some cars out on the track. You build this story timeline from the time the show starts till it finishes, and at the end of the show for the "Grand Finale" it would be me and my two sons (Adam and Ryan) and a few other competitors out there. We'd come out with 2012 brand new tube chassis trucks and we just burn the stadium down. You know what I'm saying? It's like you walk through the whole thing. We had the tractor pulling, monster trucks were fill acts. We put a couple cars out there, pop the wheelies and mash the roof. Do old school, low horsepower leaf spring trucks.

AND THIS:

JR- Andy Brass

DA- Andy Brass. Calm, cool, little squeaky voice. I loved him when he was out here on the track with Bigfoot man. When you say Andy Brass, I think Bigfoot.

put a huge grin on my face, sure as hell hasnt forgotten anything from back in the day B)

very nice interview with Dennis. Its very nice to see that hes one of the drivers that hasn't forgotten the past and heck he even would like to see Bigfoot come over to monster jam, but we all know and he can sense it will never happen. Nice work Dig on conducting this interview.

Even Dennis wants to see Bigfoot over in Monster Jam.. It could happen.. It just won't sadly.

I was right next to Josh during this Interview and when he said this I got a huge smile on my face. Josh did a awesome job with this interview and got a different side of Dennis.

Thank you all for the comments. I worked very hard on thinking of what i could ask Dennis that hasn't been asked before and i'm very proud of the end result. I spent about 20 minutes talking to one of my Idles, doesn't get much better than that.

Also, when i typed that question out about the crossover drivers. I KNEW Dennis was going to say Tanner, due to the fact he rode around a course with Tanner for the Speed Dreamride. I also asked Dennis if he thought that ride was better than riding along in a NASCAR and he said by far it was better.

• Upvote 3

Thank you all for the comments. I worked very hard on thinking of what i could ask Dennis that hasn't been asked before and i'm very proud of the end result. I spent about 20 minutes talking to one of my Idles, doesn't get much better than that.

Also, when i typed that question out about the crossover drivers. I KNEW Dennis was going to say Tanner, due to the fact he rode around a course with Tanner for the Speed Dreamride. I also asked Dennis if he thought that ride was better than riding along in a NASCAR and he said by far it was better.

I'd love to see what Tanner could do in a monster.

Awesome interview & read Josh, thank you for doing it. :)