Titans throttle stick

Hornetguy97

Would it? He could barely turn nor could he stop? I thought the wheels locked up when they were shut off from what I've seen?

No the wheels don't lock.  He was pushing the brake pedal through the floor as it was which is why the brake rotors were glowing red so even if they did lock it wouldn't have stopped the truck.  There's nothing that could have been done in that situation that would have made it better, other than more room at the end of the turn.

No the wheels don't lock.  He was pushing the brake pedal through the floor as it was which is why the brake rotors were glowing red so even if they did lock it wouldn't have stopped the truck.  There's nothing that could have been done in that situation that would have made it better, other than more room at the end of the turn.

We'll I was just watching him at anaheim and wondered what would have happened if it stuck there.

The offical's made the right call in not RII'ing Donald in Vegas, yes it would have killed the engine but the main reason Donald walked away from the crash is because he still had steering and was able to 45 degree himself into dumpster, allowing the truck to absorb the impact in a less concentrated area. 66 mph into a dumpster straight on would have been disastrous.

Nothing happened, like during racing, they had cars before the dumpster so he might of got enough air to clear the safety if it had stuck.

I've never seen it happen before, but I'm pretty sure the car before the dumpster will act as a sponge to the impact, then the dumpster will fold up and slow down the truck immensely. If anything, the front axle might end up hitting the wall. I won't imagine a truck completely flying into the stands unless there's some sort of dirt ramp on the dumpsters. Then, that's when things might get a bit sketchy. 

why do people insist on posting this crap to the wrong thread? monster truck related stuff goes in the real world racing sub-thread of monster trucks.This thread is full of fail.

Sorry, I didn't know if it should go in this one or the monster truck, I figured it wasn't important enough to go there... Sorry

Has anyone noticed that prior to World Finals XI there weren't dumpsters against the back wall? They probably realized that Captain's Curse crash wouldn't be the first time a truck slammed into that wall going 60+ mph. After that, they put dumpsters against that wall and I'm sure that Titan would have rolled into the stands. But the dumpster just stopped the truck. Is that also the reason why during Qualifying keep those stands empty? Cause the trucks are going so fast? If that's the case doesn't make much sense considering they do the same on the night of the racing championship...

Ever realized that prior to WF XI they didn't have dumpsters at the end of the track? They probably realized that Captain's Curse crash in 09 wasn't the only time a truck would hit that wall going 60+ mph. If those dumpsters weren't there, I can almost definitely say that Titan would have gone into the stands. As SpongeBob would say "Thank Neptune for safety barriers"...

EDIT

Sorry I thought that my previous post didn't go through after I clicked the back button. Well turns out it did. Sorry!