Truck Making Contest! Ca$h Prizes!

Roach

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump for sheer disappointment. I try to bring in my hard earned money to create some creativity into this community and I think I've gotten a total of less than 10 trucks. That is absolute bullshit. Seems like I wasted my time doing this. Very disappointed that I would give away my money I work 6 days a week for has completely gone to waste. The contest can still be up, I just have to see more trucks being released.

• Upvote 1

Things you cannot buy with money:

-Happiness

-ROR Trucks

In all seriousness though, if the only reason you guys made stuff was for the money, that is even more disappointing then what Roach posted.

I wasn't insinuating that it felt like I wasted my time because the contest isn't a thing, the way it was worded made it sound like the work that everyone had already done was going unappreciated.

Woah there. instead of complaining and calling bs on only less than 10 trucks being released, how about being grateful that those were even made for your contest. If anything, the ones who made trucks for this contest, wasted THEIR time, considering the contest was over in February, and still no winner has been chosen.

Now with you bumping the thread with all this negativity, you sound pretty demanding for trucks you want from a certain time period. I may be wrong, but that's what looks like to me.

Why the hell would people be disappointed in making these trucks? Did I ever say the contest was over? No, plus I had mentioned numerous times that it would end once people had released more trucks. Maybe rethink your bs statement and get some facts first.

First of all, my comment was not trying to sound like hate speech. I was trying to get these trucks made for a league I wanted to do this fall. I wanted it to be kind of a surprise because I have a bunch of stuff still under wraps being made (or not made yet). Thus why I started this contest. I was hoping that a cash prize would make people really excited about building these trucks, and bringing the utmost detail into them. But very few people participated and that's why I am disappointed. I don't want to give away almost $100 to only a few people that entered. If any of you people did a contest like this and 4 or 5 people entered out of 3 different cash prizes. You'd understand why I am so frustrated.

Edited by Roach

Why the hell would people be disappointed in making these trucks? Did I ever say the contest was over? No, plus I had mentioned numerous times that it would end once people had released more trucks. Maybe rethink your bs statement and get some facts first.

First of all, my comment was not trying to sound like hate speech. I was trying to get these trucks made for a league I wanted to do this fall. I wanted it to be kind of a surprise because I have a bunch of stuff still under wraps being made (or not made yet). Thus why I started this contest. I was hoping that a cash prize would make people really excited about building these trucks, and bringing the utmost detail into them. But very few people participated and that's why I am disappointed. I don't want to give away almost $100 to only a few people that entered. If any of you people did a contest like this and 4 or 5 people entered out of 3 different cash prizes. You'd understand why I am so frustrated.

I understand where your coming from, but this idea has the same issue that the leafers do. The vast majority of members on this site only care about the current generation of monster trucks, meaning the era of scored freestyles and cookie cutter trucks; and in contrast, the group of us who love the pre-freestyle era is very small in comparison. The dollar amount means nothing if the vast majority of people don't care about what your asking for, and the low amount of people participating shows that. There are over 3,000 members on this site, and the amount of people who like this older era probably makes up less than a quarter of that number; and then the amount of people within that group who could actually make content makes up less than a quarter of that. I also think it would've been better had you let the whole plan be known from the start, I honestly think it might have drummed a little more interest overall had people known there was an end goal besides just getting new content for the site.

I fully support what you are trying to do with this contest, and I think the league idea would be a blast; and I'm still gonna try to help make more trucks for this. But as the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

• Upvote 1

I don't think a 90s era league would work. Do a test fun run to see who is interested. I tried a Penda fun run and one person signed up. Not trying to offend you Roach, but just backing up Chadwick with the whole thing about how much interest fans actually have of the 90s era on the site. Anyways, I would like to see a league take on that approach, and I'll certainly look into joining.

Technically you did say the contest was over, when you placed the deadline for the trucks. That is an honest fact, coming from your thread post. Whether or not you were a man of your word about it, is a different story.

Like Chadwhick said, it would've been better to start off saying that these trucks were for a league. Why would you need to bribe people to make these trucks? i mean, i and others are making trucks for Preston's upcoming league and not expecting a single dime for our work, nor were we paid off to do so. People will get excited to make these trucks if they know what they're going to be used for. There really isn't a need to pay people off for their trucks for a hobby. If they enjoy doing it, they shouldn't mind doing it for free.

NotEverythingEveryoneSaysIs"BS"btw

I'm not bribing people. It's called a contest for a reason. I thought this would be a fun way to get people interested in making these sort of truck from scratch. I don't really know where you thought I was "bribing" people. Like Chadwick said, about 80% of people on this website only care about the current state of monster trucks. Not about the past. Thus why I started the contest. Yes, I should've mentioned it was going to be for a league, but I wanted it to be a surprise. I can see that plan backfired and now everyone that entered is mad and wants there money. That's why I'm very disappointed. If you were in my position you'd be disappointed as well.

On a side note, I work 5-6 days a week. So I can easily forget about stuff that I do.

Edited by Roach
  • Upvote 1

UPDATE: I want to announce that the contest WILL end October 2nd. All final entries MUST be posted before 12:00 AM October 3rd. I really want to apologize for stretching this out for so long. I know I might've messed this up a little bit. But trust me, it will end. And yes I will soon get this league going before it's too late. Trust me, this is going to be the best league you will ever run in. I will make sure of that.

Edited by Roach