What was your first Monster Truck experience?

maxdfandan555

Post here about things like your first time ever seeing them on T.V. or real life ect, when it was, what it was like.

The first time I ever saw Monster Trucks was on a modern marvels episode when I was 6 and I thought that it was an interesting motor sport. So I then would watch Monster Jam on T.V. and saw what the maximum capabilities of the trucks were. A few months after that I saw an add for Monster Jam at the MCI Center in Washington D.C. (Now known as the Verizon Center), went to the show and I was hooked for life.

I remember watching Monster Jam on SPEED of Orlando 2007 and seeing Koehler's signature post-freestyle screaming.  My dad still references "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE POINTS.  I CARE ABOUT THE FANS!"  all the time.  Then when we went to a show for the first time it was Quincy in 2008 and I remember Pablo Huffaker rolling Digger about 30 in front of us in racing.  Both of those I'll always remember.

I can't remember well, but my first New Orleans Monster Truck show in 2001 was a show I can remember forever. I remember when Dennis drove Mr. Destruction into those pile of cars (Wall of Steal). That was the place I got my first autographs from Dennis Anderson, Tom Meents, and Tony Farrel. But I lost all of those memories in Hurricane Katrina. But I will never forget that event.

my friend gave me a monster truck toy in 2007 I believe, I looked "monster truck" up on the internet and I thought they were the coolest thing ever. I started to record Monster Jam on television and I first went to a show in 2010 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO. best thing ever. I have went ever since then.

My dad loved MT's since they started. He took me to an MJ show in the North Charleston Coliseum here in North Charleston, SC, in 1999. It was concrete, and I remember Dennis crashing Digger 12 after doing his wheelie in the wheelie contest, and hearing the sound of the cage hitting the concrete. I thought it was just the neatest thing ever, hearing the sounds, watching what little air they could get in the tiny arena. But it was so much fun, and I've loved Monster Trucks ever since.

TheTruckGuy, on 07 Dec 2014 - 4:54 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't think that this topic should go here.

Actually, We are talking about real Monster Trucks here, and not virtual ones, so Dan is fine with posting it here.

OT- I think it was a ride truck at the county fair, but many years later was when I went to my First Monster Jam show in Milwaukee. That's when my "addiction" started, and I have sadly only gone to one other show (last year), but I should be around for the #MoreMonsterJam tour this year.

I was first introduced to monster trucks when my parents rented "There Goes a Monster Truck" for me on VHS, but I was too young to even remember it (it was probably about 1996, so I was roughly a year old). My earliest distinct memory of anything monster truck related was watching USA Motorsports from Des Moines on TV in 1997. I still have it on tape somewhere, actually. I've been to more than 20 shows in my lifetime, from my first show at the E Center (now the Maverik Center) in about 1997 until RMR about 4 months ago.

My first encounter was watching them on tv when I was around 3. The first show I ever went was in 2000 in Salinas, CA. The trucks I remember were Pablo in Digger 10, Kreg in Dragon slayer, Julie Christensen in Mis Behavin, Madusa, Dawn and Jim in Bounty Hunter and Scarlet Bandit, Sky Hartley in Goldberg, Jeff in Captain America (USA) and Rick Swanson in Obsession. DOn't remember the last truck at that show

I saw monster trucks on t/v. in 2001 cause my sister and her husband were living with us at the time, saw them every now and again, then my brother in-law took me to the Monster Jam at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL. Feb. 2nd 2002, the event itself I just remember it being cold, loud, we were high up in the last seats in the highest level, rocking back and forth I didn't like it, I just wanted to go home, a week later I catch Monster Jam on TNN, first Houston show, Freestyle was the name of the game, when both Dennis and Tom scored 30's even that one judge held up a 10 and a 1.......been hooked every since