Making realistic trucks.

Sonuvadiggerrocks

Being a rigs of rods fan and that I drive cars to in the game I found that the monster truck may be lacking some features. First of all the trucks don't have exhaust smoke. Now I belive if we added that it would make it seem realstic. Also the trucks don't break,I know there are breakbles but those are still unrealistic. It would be cool to have trucks were the tires come off and like the engine can catch on fire which I have seen happen on a car. Also this just for trucks that have head lights and stuff in real life like grave digger,these trucks should have lights that turn on to make them more realstic. I know this would take a lot of work but in the end it would be really cool

I don't think any vehicle in RoR has fire effects. As far as headlight positioning, I don't know how to do change that, but I heard it has to do with the node/beam structure. And the reason why breakables are "unrealistic" is because the same node/beam structure is used, but slightly modified. A very modified structure would have to be made in order to make a realistic breakable. There have been a few attempts, but they were never finished.

If I remember right wasn't rock working on a breakable SUD with a new node structure because I remember seeing on a SYP chapter a while back.

I know he was working on a breakable, but stopped working on that to work on SUD. Not sure what happened to it.

and the trucks that have visible exhaust (XDP) have the exhaust in game. Plus trucks like Max-D you never see the exhaust coming out of the truck while in the stands...

XDP has visible exhaust because it is a diesel powered truck.

Well the way that everyone was talking mark made it seem like that no one would give it a try. So I thought that since none of these guys would give it a try then somebody else would do it. I can see were you thinks it is insulting I do have respect for you guys who make the trucks and you do a good job. To me it seemed like nobody was attest going to give it a try so that why I said that.

What we have here is a working system, yeah there are improvements that need to be made, but no one TRULY innovates what we have here. That might not be a bad thing however because what we have now is pretty amazing to see. I look more to Beam NG to take the next step, or other newer simulators to help innovate in the field.  

Ok, time to express my opinon  :) (I'm mad, yes, im mad)

Being a rigs of rods fan and that I drive cars to in the game I found that the monster truck may be lacking some features. First of all the trucks don't have exhaust smoke. Now I belive if we added that it would make it seem realstic. Also the trucks don't break,I know there are breakbles but those are still unrealistic. It would be cool to have trucks were the tires come off and like the engine can catch on fire which I have seen happen on a car. Also this just for trucks that have head lights and stuff in real life like grave digger,these trucks should have lights that turn on to make them more realsticI know this would take a lot of work but in the end it would be really cool

First of all, we are NOT Santa, beacuse this looks like a list for him, i mean i could write a letter to him with this! 

Now with that said, let tell me tell you, i think almost everybody on here or the mayority runs the 0.37.126 or 0.37.117 version of ROR and some have also 0.38, now with this on the table, mayority of the content is made for ROR 0.37 and i have heard some of it can work on 0.38 but not everybody wants to move to 0.38 or just don't want to move to it. Now, 0.37 isn't that avanced as 0.38 or higher versions that have come out, and to be honest, from 0.37 to 0.38, there's a lot that has been changed, making content on 0.37 is kind of limited since a lot of people now days uses 0.38 or higher versions of ROR and tutorials to make stuff on 0.37 are lacking and well there's not that much. 

On here on Sim Monsters we have a tutorial section that sadly a lot of people DON'T EVEN GOD DAMN BOTHER TO LOOK AT before asking, and i really recomend going there, beacuase there's tons of usefull sutff, like lots, LOTS!

We also have a help and support section, but soemtimes people miss uses it, like too much, like yeah... 

I'm sire we can make realistic trucks but I don't think the person that could do it would be from sim monsters. I think it would be someone from rigs of rods website that knows how to do type of stuff.

Well, im going to be honest, i put tons of effort to the stuff i make here in Sim Monsters, i highly doubt Andrew, Mark, Johan, and all the people that make content doesn't put enfort into their trucks, we got a lot of people with amazing talent, trust me. And well if you think that "someone" on the ROR forums could help improve or make our truck better, why don't go ask him or something and then bring us back new knowledge we could use for our advantage or even make better content.

Well the way that everyone was talking mark made it seem like that no one would give it a try. So I thought that since none of these guys would give it a try then somebody else would do it. I can see were you thinks it is insulting I do have respect for you guys who make the trucks and you do a good job. To me it seemed like nobody was attest going to give it a try so that why I said that.

If nobody wants to give it a try maybe is because what i mentioned about the versions or the lack of tutorials, but i mean, you could tell us or give useful link or stuff like that.

Coooooooooooooooooooonclusion

Help everybody, we should help every single one of us but sometimes we got too much rivality that we forget to help each other

• Upvote 1

There have been a few people that tried, there was a small group that used to be active in the community back when Sim Monsters was originally created that were aiming for a complete simulation experience. I know Klayton was working a Lucas Oil Crusader/ Son Uva Digger that were proper node beam structures that could break. I also know Matt Wilkinson was working on a partially breakable node beam, basically 4 links would bend, swaybars, tires that could deform to simulate "deflating". But none of this stuff has ever been released as of now. ROR is kinda of limiting but also has the ability to do quite a bit, it is a very difficult for people to grasp. Do not believe me? Browse around a  truck file, modding for ROR is not user friendly (Beam NG is even worse). Now imagine having to scratch build well over 150+ trucks, ontop of that, now deal with brand new trucks debuting, trucks you finish or currently working on get retired. I have a hard enough time keeping up with chassis's.

Right from the beginning this community grew big way to quickly. There was/still is not enough hands to help build it, and the members on here have lives outside their computer monitors.

There have been a few people that tried, there was a small group that used to be active in the community back when Sim Monsters was originally created that were aiming for a complete simulation experience. I know Klayton was working a Lucas Oil Crusader/ Son Uva Digger that were proper node beam structures that could break. I also know Matt Wilkinson was working on a partially breakable node beam, basically 4 links would bend, swaybars, tires that could deform to simulate "deflating". But none of this stuff has ever been released as of now. ROR is kinda of limiting but also has the ability to do quite a bit, it is a very difficult for people to grasp. Do not believe me? Browse around a  truck file, modding for ROR is not user friendly (Beam NG is even worse). Now imagine having to scratch build well over 150+ trucks, ontop of that, now deal with brand new trucks debuting, trucks you finish or currently working on get retired. I have a hard enough time keeping up with chassis's.

Right from the beginning this community grew big way to quickly. There was/still is not enough hands to help build it, and the members on here have lives outside their computer monitors.

Agreed.

Technically it is possible to make realistic trucks in RoR. But I really don't consider RoR really user friendly. Truck files are not easy to work with. And even if you know how to work them, it is very time consuming. It takes dedication to the project. And that dedication isn't really there as much as it use to be. There have been many times were people have gotten together and said "lets make the next truck pack to the best of our ability" over the past 2 years or so, but they all end up falling apart sadly.