An idea

Edy

Mega-pack or Stand Alone truck?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make a mega-pack or relase each truck individually and make them stand alone?

• Mega-pack
    • Individually; Stand alone
  2. 2. What version of ROR would you rather the pack to run on?

Hey look, ME! Anyways, it is a Logitech Driving Force GT. It isn't as good as the Logitech G27, that's why it's so loud. My rear steer is on my arrow keys, so that's why my keyboard is turned sideways. :P

Indeed.

By the way, just in case the projects on the road (February 5) i made a trucklist with all the trucks i think you guys would like to see into the pack or make for the project;

"BUT EDY, ISN'T THAT LUTS OF TRUCKYS?!"

Yes, yes they are 252 trucks;  i think it should be good just to start with a little amount of trucks for starting (30 or 40 or less)

"BUT EDY HOW U GONNA CHOOSE THEM?!" 

Random, give it all to luck, so noone says im gonna choose the trucks i want

I know there's some trucks like Bigfoot, Grave Digger and Max D (I don't know if any other) that aren't on the list, i think it would be better if i remove them from the list, and make a pack of only those, kind of the same deal of Johan's Max D pack or a pack of the same truck. Just something i thougth and to show you guys this is serious; Any opinions, suggestions doubts or commments make a post on the thread to let me know, and make this a great idea.

Any more updates, or stuff related to the project, i will try to post it here, thanks for all the support that you guys have shown, i really appriciate it. 

-Edy

I'll help the best I can. I mean either way all my trucks are basically stand alone. I put all the files intete. And most models on my trucks go fro just 1 truck which is what we should be doing. Give each truck it's own name. Make that parts that the truck runs so it looks accurate. That's the only way trucks on sm would look fantastic. Why do you think my replica have 100+ files... almost everything on it was made to suit only that truck. And trust me I don't mind going to 38.xxx only issue is this. When klayton and I put crusader I  game, a lot got messed up, (grip, shocks,  etc.) If there is an easy way to get em to handle like they should or better. Then this should be an easy switch. I might be able to mess around with it a bit aswell. But for now I'll just keep making my trucks and those can be added I guess?? Mine are basically stand alone. So that shouldn't be a problem. But what we do need is an organized pack. Do what I do. Basically 90% of the files have the truck name in front of it, so it keeps it all ororganized if your looking for a certain part. That was 1 of the isdues. Messy pack that led to Confusing trucks that shouldn't be there

• Upvote 1

.37 is holding the community back.....

Honestly ROR/Ogre is holding the community back, however whenever it came to .37 vs .38 everyone that I have ever talked to about the actual differences between the two, had completely different answers. So if anyone wants to pipe up here and school me on what exactly there is to gain in moving from 37 to 38 and I mean proper factual information that is pertinent to our community of Monster Trucks, not just because it is a "newer" build. All I can remember is doing a FPS test between the two versions with the same track and truck and they were nearly identical but do not recollect much past that. 

Breakables, More optimization (lag over obstacles is non existent, atleast for me), better shading. My SUD at it's current state does not look as good in .37 and as soon as it hits a track it crashes the game. Newer ROR versions do not give me that problem. Tired of the camera getting all screwed up on a breakable? In .38 it is easily fixable. Look on the wiki and see how many options have been added that only work in higher versions.

• Upvote 2

Why not release a pack of bodies from guys like Klayton, John, Sheets, and Harlow? Wouldn't this make it easier for the community to make trucks (both replica and custom) rather than just certain people that were given the bodies by the person who made them? I know there are many great publicly unreleased models that could be used. Just a thought.

• Upvote 2

Why not release a pack of bodies from guys like Klayton, John, Sheets, and Harlow? Wouldn't this make it easier for the community to make trucks (both replica and custom) rather than just certain people that were given the bodies by the person who made them? I know there are many great publicly unreleased models that could be used. Just a thought.

i like this idea but how would it work ? because i know dough is mainly reskinning trucks as far as i know and like sheets makes bodies and etc but i know some people dont know  or cant make trucks . unless someone after wards releses the truck

Questions, so all tracks work in .38 correct? With the .38 pack, would the breakables we have now work in .38 with the .38 pack?

Track terrain files are a bit different then .37 but I believe converting them is fairly simple. As for anything "breakable" they would probably require a complete overhaul since there was updates to  the soft body calculation system.