Show Your Projects Chapter 39

Double.D ッ

I honestly think it looks fine, I really don't see a problem with it. If people want to bake their chassis, then they should be able to.

I agree, I think a baked chassis texture looks pretty stinking cool. You just have to texture it and bake it properly. I've made the mistake of not baking it properly many times before.

May i make a suggestion to everyone? No? Oh well. There is no need to to use a baked chassis texture. The shader i put in the tutorial section will take care of that. Yea it may look cool in blender but with the inhame shader, it looks like crap.

So, ok, why do we bake rims? and other props? Can we not bake props or bodies and use the shader instead or in which cases is better to bake and which not? Could you explain that?

Random dark spots look cool on a chassis huh? I simply made a suggestion and everyone gets rustled feathers. I just think it takes away from the realistic factor. Also Mark, i never told them to stop.

I just wanted to know..... I mean i just wanted to learn in which cases or props is better to bake and which not....  I wasn't offended at all dude...

It's all personal preference really. Everybody's got their ways and opinions of doing things. I've tried baking chassis, and I'm not a big fan of the way they look. I'd rather use the texture that guys like worldfinals and John Dough use on their chassis'.

Again, it's all a matter of preference.

Does that thing have the old V4 Rims on it? Bendzick's got what looks like the bolts to beadlocks on some rims, and some without them, so maybe make all white versions with Johan's new ones, and try copying and pasting the World Finals Max-D rim set up within the truck file, and adding in your rims for the two different one look. Also this year he doesn't have the front CRD "bowtie" on the chassis. Other than that, It looks great and I can't wait to do some cyclones with it.

screenshot_2.png

I sorta had some time on my hands, so I did this. Not the most beautiful paint in the whole world but it is my first time painting the body correctly(overlay stuffs) The name, "Starflight" popped into my cerebrum for some reason... I guess that is the name. I'm not done with it yet though, there isn't an inner body and chassis clips through slightly at the top of the body. 

• Upvote 3

I honestly think it looks fine, I really don't see a problem with it. If people want to bake their chassis, then they should be able to.

If you auto unwrap, bake it, then paint on details like scratches, wear or welds in Mari, it'll look killer and you don't even have to think about UVing it right. If you know how to do that, there's no reason not to bake and unwrap a frame.