Is Sam Boyd stadium a good place for the monster jam world finals.

Sonuvadiggerrocks

I was thinking of the world finals,then I relaized is Sam Boyd stadium a place were monster jam should keep hosting the world finals. I mean I know it's got area to put a whole bunch of stuff and it's in Las Vegas were it's warm. But does it really need to be the stadium were monster jam world finals should be. I mean the capacity is only 36,000 that's not a whole lot of people, there's other monster jam shows that have a ton more than that. Also the floor is also kind of small. I mean in my opinion I would want it to be in a bigger stadium with a bigger floor. Like NRG stadium, the super dome, the Edward jones dome,etc. To me it just seems cramped up and the city it's in has a lot of things that little kids should not see. They have bleachers instead of actual good seats. To me I think they should move it some were else. Put your opinions down below and what you think about the stadium,and what should the do.

It'd be hard to run the world finals anywhere else but Sam Boyd.. The "big stadiums" aren't all that big like people seem to think, stadiums like NRG that have 24 can barely fit 24 yet alone 50+ performing trucks like Sam Boyd can.  There is a lot that people don't see when you don't work the shows, everyone that helps run the show smooth do a hell of a lot to make sure it goes that way..

-Eric

Going off of what Klayton said, It's Vegas. Families can make vacations out of a trip to the World Finals. Eric has it spot on as well. Sam Boyd is a great place to hold it due to the space that is available. Think about it... What stadium is big enough for a world finals track, can fit all the trucks in a staging area, fit every single display truck, have a parade route, fit every single semi (truck and trailer), and still be an attractive destination after the race is over? 

If The World Finals were to be moved then Glendale stadium would be the spot to do so. Has on one side of the track a wall that has gaps on side plenty wide for trucks to go through so they could still do a thunder alley, Plenty of space around the stadium for the pit party, From what i have been told the floor is bigger then Vegas but it just wouldnt be the Finals if it wasnt in Vegas

I say leave it ay sam boyed But maybe if is does get to small maybe rebuld the stadium at the same location.

First of all, I don't think that the city council of Las Vegas would give a poo about a stadium being too small for a family entertainment show. I don't see them wanting to authorize construction on a new stadium, considering that the cost will most likely be payed for with taxpayer's money. Also considering demo costs. It doesn't make sense to spend money like that. And where would the World Finals be while the new stadium is under construction? Just leave the Finals where its at. In my opinion, 36,000 seating makes it more of an 'exclusive' event, in other words, first come first serve. 

Changing a track doesn't change the size of the already built stadium with a fixed floor size. 

That's not how architecture works.

Sam Boyd is still factually one of, if not the smallest stadium floor Monster Jam goes to every year. It doesn't matter what track design they have, its still a small floor space.

Changing a track doesn't change the size of the already built stadium with a fixed floor size. 

That's not how architecture works.

Sam Boyd is still factually one of, if not the smallest stadium floor Monster Jam goes to every year. It doesn't matter what track design they have, its still a small floor space.

Nawh that award definitely goes to Lucas Oil Stadium, or at least it seems like it.  The wall protection there in the past have made it seem extremely cramped imo.