Is Sam Boyd stadium a good place for the monster jam world finals.

Sonuvadiggerrocks

The L.A Coliseum? Being a SoCal resident I'm a little bias, but the stadium holds over 90,000 and it has the capability to have something similar to thunder alley at Sam Boyd. But I agree Vegas can be turned into a family vacation and Monster Jam is a family sport. la_coliseum4_576.jpg

oh my god yes LA Coliseum would make a great place for the World Finals!

And i agree Monster Jam should mix it up, I mean i get how much of a significance Sam Boyd has but think about it? The Super Bowl doesnt go to the same stadium every year? Nor does big events like WrestleMania, NBA Finals, World Cup, or even the Olympics, so I think id'd be fun to see the World Finals at a new venue cause then we would get even more crazier obstacles for those 36 drivers to destroy! 

• Upvote 1

oh my god yes LA Coliseum would make a great place for the World Finals!

And i agree Monster Jam should mix it up, I mean i get how much of a significance Sam Boyd has but think about it? The Super Bowl doesnt go to the same stadium every year? Nor does big events like WrestleMania, NBA Finals, World Cup, or even the Olympics, so I think id'd be fun to see the World Finals at a new venue cause then we would get even more crazier obstacles for those 36 drivers to destroy! 

This^ He makes a great point, it really should change places every year or every couple of years. It's time for a change IMO.

They could have cities bid for it, like the Super Bowl or the Olympics, however, other cities might see it as a thrill show, not a legit sport. I think LA would be an awful location, I mean, I understand that all cities have crime, but I wouldn't go to LA (sorry if anyone was offended). Yes there is the counterargument that 8 year olds don't need to be seeing Vegas, and I can respect both sides. However, they are building an NFL stadium in LA. But here's the problem, and its been stated before, where would they put 80+ 10,000 pound monster trucks? That's why Las Vegas is so ideal, I mean they have acres of land to use for the pit party, ride trucks, kid fashion shows, auctions, venders, food trucks, the truck parade, and much more. I don't know where they could put all of that in LA. Maybe they're keeping it in Vegas so that they don't have to worry about space. Heck I'd sit in cold, hard bleachers for 6 hours if it meant that I could see the best monster truck show in the world and the most trucks in one place. I think that Glendale is an excellent place to have it. You still get the warmth of the west coast and they have space.

Think of the fireworks show they have afterwards too, a closed stadium? No. Vegas is right now the best spot. WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS. Unless business problems happen. I think its gonna stay there. Its a good stadium and its worked for 15 years, so much room. The only stadium i think that could have been better was orlando before it was re-modeled. Probably not much room on outside but performing area is great.

Who said it had to be a stadium? Why not a place like daytona, massive infield and it has so much room. I know they have supercross there which feld owns as well but i dont think feld promotes that show because its never on their website...

Olypic stadium in montreal is freaking huge. I mean it is the world finals

Exhibition stadium in toronto.

Bowman gray, i know seating isnt large

I'm on the side that says if it was anywhere but Vegas, it wouldn't feel like the World Finals.

Also, let's be honest here, moving into a different stadium that would have more seating capacity would probably not be good. Monster Jam can hardly fill most normal stadium shows, let alone something like the LA Coliseum or Olympic Park. Yes it would be the finals, but ticket prices are still quite high for most of the mid to lower middle class (which lets be honest, that's where the majority of general monster truck fans are, myself included). Feld would have to pull off one hell of a miracle marketing strategy to draw in enough people to make it even look like those stadiums are near capacity. The smaller seating capacity for Sam Boyd makes it (like it was stated earlier) feel more like an exclusive event, and no matter how you look at it, it always looks like a full house of people in the stands. And like it was also said earlier, Sam Boyd has the perfect amount of space for truck staging and the pit party which holds well over the amount of trucks competing. I don't think you can find anywhere else like that without having to block off parts of needed parking lot space for other stadiums.

Also take this into consideration. THE COST FOR RENTING A STADIUM FOR AN EVENT. If Monster Jam moved out of vegas and went to somewhere like LA Coliseum or Olympic Park, it would probably cost a lot more than vegas to rent the place for the world finals. Think about it, those places have a larger seating capacity than vegas AND a bigger stadium track area than vegas.

Bigger seating capacity + Bigger track area = More Expensive Rent Cost

Even though those places are bigger than vegas, taking cost and everything else into consideration, FELD AS A BUSINESS probably wouldn't make as much money off of it as compared to vegas. Who knows, they could lose money rather than make it. Basically FELD is like any other business. They want to maximize their profits and want to be able to make the most money. If vegas has worked for them for 15 years, WHY MOVE??? If FELD did, they would be rolling the dice, hoping to get lucky, and pretty much risking maximizing business profits. I'm pretty sure that if FELD wants to be as successful as they are, they would continue to run the world finals at vegas and continue to build onto their success.

Believe me, this is coming from someone who is a member of the Board Of Directors of Special Olympics Washington. I know how businesses are ran.

Also take this into consideration. THE COST FOR RENTING A STADIUM FOR AN EVENT. If Monster Jam moved out of vegas and went to somewhere like LA Coliseum or Olympic Park, it would probably cost a lot more than vegas to rent the place for the world finals. Think about it, those places have a larger seating capacity than vegas AND a bigger stadium track area than vegas.

Bigger seating capacity + Bigger track area = More Expensive Rent Cost

Even though those places are bigger than vegas, taking cost and everything else into consideration, FELD AS A BUSINESS probably wouldn't make as much money off of it as compared to vegas. Who knows, they could lose money rather than make it. Basically FELD is like any other business. They want to maximize their profits and want to be able to make the most money. If vegas has worked for them for 15 years, WHY MOVE??? If FELD did, they would be rolling the dice, hoping to get lucky, and pretty much risking maximizing business profits. I'm pretty sure that if FELD wants to be as successful as they are, they would continue to run the world finals at vegas and continue to build onto their success.

Believe me, this is coming from someone who is a member of the Board Of Directors of Special Olympics Washington. I know how businesses are ran.

I don't see how they make money at Vegas, I guess that's why they made it a two day event. More people, less destruction in one day.

I don't see how they make money at Vegas, I guess that's why they made it a two day event. More people, less destruction in one day.

They could sell out orlando or tampa pretty quickly, along with Indy from this year. Anaheim definitely, that place is full 3 times a year. My favorite is tacoma or the Fargo dome. Lol. I know they make awful places. Sam Boyd.

How does spreading the destruction across two days save money? If anything, using the stadium for another day, and running more trucks costs more. Also it isn't more people, they can't sell tickets for just one day, either double down or not, which they've been doing for years.

I thought they sold tickets for just one day? Didn't know, never bought tickets for them