Realistic V4 Settings Update

Mark Colineri

can i have a link to the world finals track the link they have already dosnt work and they look good will the bkt tires be on all the trucks and are you guys going to add 10th anniversary of max d

This is just showing off the basics man, information will become available when they are 100% sure, and some trucks like MM Dalmation dont run BKT tires and if they were to make a new pack they would have all of that figured out, I wouldnt stress any of this, its still extremely early development. Patients is a magical thing

• Upvote 2

That looks good, I'm excited for it! Differentials would be cool to see. Adding diffs with the current physics setup greatly changes the output of power, so I'd imagine that a good amount of tweaking would have to be done to make realistic diffs.

Also, nice WF 16

Would it ever be possible to use differentials on the trucks? Considering in RL they use them. 

The way that ROR reacts to open, split or locked diff's when adding them to a truck file (no line makes them locked by default) would require an overhaul of the engine and gearing (for whatever reason it would increase acceleration)

I tried out these settings a lot (also filmed this video). I like them a lot. I don't know too much about how actual trucks handle since I've never driven a monster truck before, but I can sure as hell say they are A LOT more realistic than what we have now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There will be V5, currently we are working on it in area 51, our testing has to be done there because it's top secret and nobody can steal it again. We got the government to stop dissecting aliens and let us test virtual monster trucks there with their left over NASA computers.