Realistic V4 Settings Update

Mark Colineri

Quick question: Did you intend for the shifting to be manual on all settings? At least when I was driving them even on automatic I still had to manually shift into second gear

I tried automatic and they worked just fine for me. Only issue I've had is that they easily lose control in 2nd gear. I do like how the trucks handle with this setting however. Keep it up Mark! :D

Huge step in the right direction! 

For me the brakes were over powerful. These trucks stop well, but not that well. I was taping the brake and getting instant lock ups. personally I prefer a number around 18000. Seems to be the right mix for not being over powerful or "OMG NO BRAKES!" 

Think there may be a tad bit more grip than necessary, however I'm still testing so the jury is still out on that. I like that you cant throw the trucks around and drift them all about. 

0/10 no bigfoot

Speaking of which I need to give you those #21 pics. Dude, i'm so sorry I forgot.

The speed seems to be a bit fast especially in 2nd gear, but that do I know? Handling seems great on the ones that I've tested. Having seen Outlaw up close and personal quite a few times (and Max-D a few times) I think I can safely say you are knocking it out of the park with the Willman physics. Overall it's very nice even though it's still in the beta stage. The challenge of driving and adjusting to the changes is pretty fun. Keep up the good work.

These are opinions so do not take them for fact,
What I like:
-Trucks do not stall in second gear, brakes held and with the rear steer toggled
-Tires no longer act like another set of shocks
-Suspension setups are very good

What needs improvement:
-Trucks hike up way too easy (proper swaybar node beam needed)
-Trucks turned in far too aggressively (traction feels too high)
-Tires sidewalls flex too much (spin a doughnut, looks like they are peeling from the rim. need to be made stiffer)
-Power delivery seems to be a bit too good, minor tweaking needed but the base is good. 
-Not your fault here but I did have multiple instances where Max-D exploded and respawned

What I would like to see moving forward:
I think it would be advantagious if you are going to stick with box5's n/b for this to remove (or if need be ask someone who does) the secondary node beam structure for the body that overlays the chassis node beam and possibly the flag flexbody. A proper swaybar N/B would cure the rather exaggerated hike ups the trucks have as trying to tune the traction settings in would be pointless until that is rectified. I know there will be people will disagree with it but with almost all of the trucks (minus max-d) are low CG chassis's they should not be getting upset that easy by being tossed hard into a turn (and no I do not mean at top speed).

Edited by Outlawed

Idk if this would help you guys, but what i usually do when entering a turn, is i lay off the gas when i make the intitial turn. i let it coast for a second right before i turn and once i have the truck at maybe a 30 or 45 degree, i start hitting the gas in semi-short bursts until it slides. Then gas it out of the turn.

So far I have tested Blue Thunder only using 0.38. A few things:

I still got the "GraveDiggerredflare" error -- the .dds file is not actually needed, but the files "GraveDiggerredflare.material" and "GraveDiggerBand.dds" are a must. Without the later the tires show up white. Here is a thread I made with info and the files.

Also, "grantchallenger.mesh" and "uktires.mesh" are missing, although for some reason RoR never gave me an error regarding the missing tires. Instead they were only invisible.

As for the handling, this is a fun truck and seems to fix the speed and (lack of) acceleration issues that previous trucks had. It feels very similar to the electric trucks that I've been making. However there does seem to be a lack of grip, but maybe this is intentional. It would be nice if the initial tall height issue (for lack of better description) could be fixed.

Edited by Helen Weales

Idk if this would help you guys, but what i usually do when entering a turn, is i lay off the gas when i make the intitial turn. i let it coast for a second right before i turn and once i have the truck at maybe a 30 or 45 degree, i start hitting the gas in semi-short bursts until it slides. Then gas it out of the turn.

I am a shitty driver but it is not overly difficult to get the hang of how the trucks handle, what I am saying (and you can visually see it with the amount of body roll the trucks have turning) is the need for proper swaybars in the N/B are needed. We never had to deal with the issue before because the trucks originally had next to no suspension travel so it was not as pronounced as it is with these trucks. My modified N/B changes that are on Madusa and Northern Nightmare have the upper 4 links acting like a swaybar, it does not do it's job correctly because even those have body roll. Most MT's (that do not use coilovers or coilover/standard shock setup) are completely undriveable if they damage the swaybar system.

It would be nice if the initial tall height issue (for lack of better description) could be fixed.

Trucks spawn in unweighted at full suspension travel (I think this was fixed for 4.5), it just looks exaggerated because there is alot of suspension travel (in comparison to other ROR vehicles)

• Upvote 1