SSRS 2015 Q&A Thread

DannyMackey

Just so you know, I'm talking about these SSRS Pre-seasons. If win an SSRS PS event, will that automatically count as wins for the sign-ups? I'm asking this because I was so stupid on not being specific on my first question.

Yes.

I just realized that I left this out of my first post but what is SSRS stance going to be on counter rear steering? (aka "hacksteering").

For the most part, I'm against it.  I'm aware of how it works and I think it's unfair and shouldn't be used.  As far as SSRS is concerned, there is no official ruling yet.  I want to see how people drive in the first few Preseason events to get an understanding of what will be allowed and what won't be allowed.

We all know it is an exploit of how the V4 trucks are setup and that the only reason people do it is because it by doing it is because it makes you faster. The reality of it though is good drivers will be still be fast regardless of if they use it or not. If you are trying to bring a proper atmosphere of realism, there has never been a single instance of real life counter part trucks doing it. This was my biggest issue with last years SSRS and offering the ability to run a more "scale" node beam but there was no gain in doing so because you were guaranteed to be slower then someone running a V4 truck file and counter steering. 

I have a couple questions. Pleases answer to best of ability.

1. Can I use the AIM chat app while I'm at the event or do I have to use the computer version?

2. Is there a specific type of AIM chat that you guys do?

1. You have to be using the Desktop Version in order to be added to the AIM Chats.
  2. You have to be using version 7.5.11.9 in order to be in our AIM Chats.  I have a download link that you can find here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ljc978ytm3bc912/Install_AIM.exe), or you can find your own download if you prefer.