SSRS 2015 Q&A Thread

DannyMackey

How large will the fields for stadiums/arenas be?

Has Battle Beast returned from orbit and will he attempt another Super Battle Beast Backflip? (R.I.P. Battle Beast #6)

All stadium shows this year, 16 trucks per.  Top 8 race, bottom 8 will be in an obstacle course, all 16 freestyle.

So with it being realistic, if someone gets digger, max-d or another big name FELD truck, do we get a 20 second RII delay to try and save the truck even if we are on our sides?

Short answer:

No.

Long answer:

After this quarter of Monster Jam I think it would be safe to say the definition of "realism" has changed, while it is still a vague definition that is, and will probably be, always up for debate.  Until trucks can fully respond, break, and move like their real life counterparts, determining "realism" will always be a source of argument.  My main opinion on flopping on your roof to save the truck is that the ways these trucks handle make it so much easier to flip back over compared to real trucks.  How many trucks have actually saved themselves from being on their side?  How many times could you flip your truck back over in 2 minutes?  It just wouldn't be "realistic."  Additionally, the argument that it happened in real life (typically only once) and therefore should be allowed always is ridiculous in my opinion.  How many times since has Tom done "The Move" since Baltimore that year?  How many different times can you practice, refine, and complete that move each and every week?  Again, it's not "realistic."

As far as RII's and "realism" go for this year, we will be stopping trucks shortly after they hit with the cage.  You will most likely be able to roll over and come back on all fours and keep going, depending on the situation, same goes for some other weird hits and stuff.  You will definitely have some opportunity to save the truck, but it won't be any longer than a few seconds after you touch ground with the cage.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, EVERYTHING IS SITUATIONAL, I CANNOT PREDICT EVERY LANDING AND TELL YOU WHAT WILL GET YOU RII'D.  

Easiest way to avoid issues with this is to ask "Is what I'm going to do stupid?"  If yes, don't do it.