Battlebots

Sergeant Politeness

Well, until my hopes and prayers of a Robot Wars reboot is realized, we have a reboot (rebot maybe?) of Battlebots. Honestly, I enjoyed it well enough (although I hated all the corniness and "sex appeal" of the original series so a bit more of a serious direction was good to me). Did anyone else on here watch it? If so what were your thoughts and maybe favorite robot? Hell, let's just make this one big thread on robotic combat and maybe even some reminiscing

I enjoyed it, but I honestly miss the old commentary (Bill Dwyer/Tim Green). There was just something about, like you said, the comical relief of the commentary, even though the actual competition was still completely serious. With that being said, I was slightly disappointed that Bronco didn't beat Tombstone; The team has before, but just in a lesser-known league.

I enjoyed it, but I honestly miss the old commentary (Bill Dwyer/Tim Green). There was just something about, like you said, the comical relief of the commentary, even though the actual competition was still completely serious. With that being said, I was slightly disappointed that Bronco didn't beat Tombstone; The team has before, but just in a lesser-known league.

Well...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

so after watching the first qualifying episode, everyones favorite will come out of a 14 year retirement and that robot is,son of whyachi.

he may very well be the champ once again, who are you guys rooting for in season 2, im still going for tombstone