It's time for a change

acdcfan56

I've always wanted to model bodies for myself and not ask people like Andrew Sheets or John Dough for the job, they do an amazing job on them, but I've always start off scratch but I have little patience. I also want to get in to track making, but I don't the first thing about painting or modeling. I won't be here long, and I really want to learn.

I've been wanting to start making trucks and tracks for a while now. Really, any tutorial that shows the basics of truck and/or track making would probably be best to start off with. I know that there are tutorials out there that focus on bits of that, but a complete tutorial with everything in it would be amazing, although it does seem tough to make too.

Personally I'd like to see updated texturing tutorials. Basically it says to load the truck then export it with a magically created texture with no mention of how to get the map (I can obviously paint well, check the NR2003 section). That's what's holding me back.

To be fair I do not consider myself someone who deserves to be mentioned in that list. What I do in comparison to people who actually can do everything themselves is laughable. There are two major problems I see with how content is made or dealt with on this site. Number one being that the people who are new to tinkering with stuff get shunned pretty hard if all they show off in a SYP thread is that they changed tires on an existing truck. You cannot expect someone to paint the mona lisa if they have never lifted a paint brush before. Number two being existing members on this site who made nice stuff but never end up releasing stuff for whatever reason. You do not have to upload a complete truck, hell I have made that pretty obvious with just releasing parts and chassis's.

But lets be real, nobody wants to learn how to because that would require doing work.

• Upvote 2

I would also be willing to either record and/or stream a tutorial on how to use paint.net, and some of the techniques I use to paint skins; just let me know if you'd want me to record and edit a video, or try to stream through something like twitch.

Number two being existing members on this site who made nice stuff but never end up releasing stuff for whatever reason.

I would upload all my projects but for whatever reason I kept getting errors when trying to upload files. I linked the all photos/files to the sites they were on so I don't know what the problem is. (I understand you may/may not have been referencing people such as myself with that statement.)

Along with tutorials previously mentioned, I'd like to see more models/props being publicly released. Like Wambo's engine, ACDC's props (gauges, RII lights etc), and Andrew's bodies etc. I don't like to have to rip models or feel like I'm constantly bothering content creators asking for parts.