Tough Truck 2008 - present

crazyman444

Well some here know that I run tough trucks at my local show, Started back in 2008 after staring out the window at my dads old 1985 Chevy just sitting there rotting away, and I stated to my father "you think we can make tough trucks" And we got right to work, a month before the show. Having to piece the truck back together after me and a friend stripped it.

3.jpg45.jpg

55-1.jpg

So after finishing the truck the week of the event, the adrenaline of what was to come started to set in. But on arriving at the show the nerves kicked in around the time we got lined up. That green light changed the story as i snapped of the line and went for broke manged to finish my run at though not any where near the top I was happy. And the nice thing was a friend was in the stands and got some neat pictures.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0382-1.jpg

Second year was mainly bad luck, and didn't go well. Slid into the guard rail trying to make the turn, busted up the radiator, fenders and hood pretty good.

01247894707638000000317143.jpg

Third year is by far my best year so far, finishing i think top 10 outta 28 trucks, missing the show by 2 spots and on Sunday missed the show by 1 spot. Finishing 9th. Everybody struggle in that turn on Friday.

Someone happen to video some of the street warriors. So I asked for the video of my run.

So going on my 4th year, the truck has been getting some upgrades.

IMG_0402.jpg

• Upvote 1

Still want to know if my class 7 Ranger would qualify for a tough truck

Probably, you can come run it at Bloomsburg and race the pro teams. B)

Awesome thread Crazy, hope to see plenty more; and maybe others as well that race/build cars or anything outside of online gaming. I always enjoy reading and looking at pictures of builds or repairs even if it's something minor.

lol it might, i think California has tough truck events that basically pre-runners run in.

Well actually not really I thought that too when I moved here two years ago and we went to a couple tuff truck events and the trucks were like stock, but its weird I see like 30 pre-runners everyday.

I have considered that ryan...when does the bloomsburg event happen? what kind of numbers are the proteam trucks putting out? and only if I can race crazy in the first round lol

I love the truck crazy. cant wait to see more of it.

Disappoint....No tube chassis' in modified class and max shock travel is set at 14". Only got about 6' of the stock frame and im pushing 17" of travel. :angry: were is the **......guy when you need him.

Edited by RKM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Crazy... I now have some connections out in Cali that are distributors for Camburg.if you ever want more front travel, just hit me up. I can probably get you a good deal on an LT front kit that you can install in a weekend

• 5 months later...