Show Your Projects Chapter 45

acdcfan56

This is the twelfth and final round of my series. It is based on a 1/32 modular monster R/C arena I built years ago called the Oyster Bay Crunch Arena, which had blue dirt (like the final race in the NES game BIGFOOT). It has Yves Klein blue dirt, some sort of alien sponge plant, and subliminal advertising throughout -- this was a ton of fun to build. It combines the most challenging aspects of the other 11 tracks into one, and is very long and difficult -- no one truck has an advantage on this one because there are so many different obstacles.

LDU6Yno.jpgfivvIuI.jpg9akQA8M.jpgoWztftn.jpg

Si4jXFw.jpg

IsQ6efQ.jpg

Eh0q4IX.jpgN1Zue9N.jpgDq1o7ns.jpgyDIqUgd.jpg

Edited by Helen Weales
  • Upvote 14

This is the twelfth and final round of my series. It is based on a 1/32 modular monster R/C arena I built years ago called the Oyster Bay Crunch Arena, which had blue dirt (like the final race in the NES game BIGFOOT). It has Yves Klein blue dirt, some sort of alien sponge plant, and subliminal advertising throughout -- this was a ton of fun to build. It combines the most challenging aspects of the other 11 tracks into one, and is very long and difficult -- no one truck has an advantage on this one because there are so many different obstacles.

Is that the only model arena that you've built? If there are more, could we maybe see those? Absolutely amazing stuff.

Blimey! I dare say I'm as pumped about this project as I was about V4, it's amazing!

I do have to ask, is there any special specs or tools we need to run or will it run on the base 0.37?

I currently use 0.38.67, so I am not sure about compatibility with anything lower. However, I have decided to upgrade to 0.4.5.1 as it seems to be far superior in every way, from graphics to performance. Everything will be compatible with .38 and up, but they *might* work with .37. It's all completely standalone as everything (except the drivers and tires) were made from scratch, but even those were heavily edited. I made everything for .38 so I still need to convert the tracks to .45.

Is that the only model arena that you've built? If there are more, could we maybe see those? Absolutely amazing stuff.

Thanks, I built various prototypes but scratched them at the last minute when I thought of this design, I'm not sure if I even have the others. This one in particular is supposed to be a solar-powered purpose-built MT stadium in the desert.

• Upvote 1

Still need to change the shocks and re-Aline them and fix the Dshaft cage but hows it looking?

lw8h9FN.png

PbMtBrs.png

Needs "Living the Dream" on the roof and I think you could redo the grill texture. Other than that I think it looks good!

• Upvote 2