Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Osaka, Japan will be the second Chicago style track this year after Fargo. Honestly I expected the venue to be like a stadium but it looks like a more high tech version of the fairgrounds in Salinas. Also it's right on the harbor. Talk about a show with a view

13140561_752798944857504_638277571_n.jpg

Also Coty will be running the SUV body on Monster Energy (and why do they use the green rim black wheels for only foreign shows? Legit question. They look sweet but for some inexplicable reason they're never used stateside)

13140870_752801124857286_247640850_n.jpg

Okay so Madusa was cut likely due to her still being injured, but what happened with Pirate's Curse? Because if it's not there now I doubt it'll be at the show in the Philippines 

Speaking of which that's on the same weekend as Nashville, and both Bari and Scott are scheduled for Nashville so I imagine there will be different drivers for those shows

5 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Also Coty will be running the SUV body on Monster Energy (and why do they use the green rim black wheels for only foreign shows? Legit question. They look sweet but for some inexplicable reason they're never used stateside)

13140870_752801124857286_247640850_n.jpg

Well a main reason is that's C-75, Norm Miller's NEA. They don't like separating rims from chassis so I just slapped those green bead locks on in Vegas before it shipped out.

Probably a bit early, but here's some interesting stuff for 2017:

The 2017 AMA Supercross schedule came out today, (AMA Supercross being owned by Feld Motor Sports) and they have some new stops on their tour:

fcusIIj.png

US Bank Stadium, CenturyLink Field, and Rice-Eccles Stadium (Utah Utes football stadium) are all new locations.

Here's last year's:

HgSVjmU.png

Also, The Dome at America's Center is just the new name for the Edward Jones Done, as they no longer have the naming rights.

I'm not entirely sure how the business behind it works, but I'm assuming if Feld worked out a deal to run Supercross in those stadiums, then they'd also have one for monster trucks. 

However, seeing how they didn't have a show at Daytona Speedway this year (at least not to my knowledge), it isn't guaranteed that we'll be seeing shows there. But we'll see!

18 minutes ago, John Dough said:

However, seeing how they didn't have a show at Daytona Speedway this year (at least not to my knowledge), it isn't guaranteed that we'll be seeing shows there. But we'll see!

Supercross at Daytona isn't a FELD event.