Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Sorry for double post, post above wouldnt let me type or anything, 

but the show itself was good imo, racing was ok considering right late won every time, and donuts were good, and freestyle was very good. 

I dont understand why only 8 trucks race, why not have all the trucks race, and before the final race have the donut competition, more entertainment.  And is it a bad idea to put some cars on top of the dirt pads? I think it would add more of a challenge, and Lee pretty much did his vegas run. 

and i remember old intros where they introduced drivers, guess they dont do that anymore. S

Okay so finally back, and I'll say this: If you live close to Nashville or that's the closest stadium, sure it was worth it. For someone like me who has now two stadium shows that take 1/3 of the time it takes to get to Nashville, not so much. It wasn't... the worst, but nothing I'm gonna remember fondly. Also side note: Allen Pezo's restored Predator truck has been converted to a ride truck

3 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Okay so finally back, and I'll say this: If you live close to Nashville or that's the closest stadium, sure it was worth it. For someone like me who has now two stadium shows that take 1/3 of the time it takes to get to Nashville, not so much. It wasn't... the worst, but nothing I'm gonna remember fondly. Also side note: Allen Pezo's restored Predator truck has been converted to a ride truck

Which is why I am not going to Foxboro this year. 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

The show was OK, but what bothered me was how short it was, the 8 fastest trucks race thing basically cut the event in half. We spent a lot of money and drove about 8 hours, and to be honest I don't think it was worth the time and money, I liked it back when the events were 4 hours.

7 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Am I missing something? What was wrong with what Andrew stated? A 16 hour return trip for barely 2 hours of entertainment is pretty stupid considering you only see half of the trucks participate in racing.

• 7 hours ago, Hagan Moskau said:
    • I hate it when they run 2 trucks at the same time in Donuts too. It ruins the time to go IMO. I'm mean just 2 and a half hours for a show is kinda pitiful. It used to 3-4 hours depending on the field and how the trucks handle.

48 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Which is why I am not going to Foxboro this year. 

Now with all of this consider me, your average mexican who likes legal things, usually for me the total time of a show at Mexico City is 3 or 2 hours, now consider this:

• I'm not from Mexico City, so i need to travel over there
  • Usually i travel by plane, is a 1 hour fligth, so it's not that much, but the tickets are :D 

But at end, i always end up satisfied, why? Apart from the reason that i'm used to just arena shows, because god damn i like monster trucks!

Now for this. For me to see a stadium show, i would need to:

• Make the process so i can get my passport and my visa (Usually it takes months to process those kind of papers here :()
  • Earn money so i can buy the tickets to the show (Pit Party + Main)
  • Consult if my family that lives in the US can receive me in their house
  • Take a plane to whatever city (4+ hours [Take note that there isn't many airlanes that do direct fligths to US over here, so you need to fly to Mexico City abd then take a fligth to the US] plus it isn't as cheap)
  • Pass all this filters at the airport (Migration section and all that)

Now take this in mind, i'm traveling to US to see a staidum show, something i've never in my life, now, for a stadium show that just lasts the same amount as an arena show, with no really big "WoW" moments or something i'll never see on an arena, it would be dissapointing, if something i just would be happy if i got to meet drivers that i really admire, but man, i mean, as Mark say i know how the format works and all that, but i just think sometimes you have wishful thinking of seeing something amazing but at the end seeing something regular, that you have always seen and can see in cheaper & less hard way.

I think you guys get my point...

Yep. My dad tried to get me to go to the Amsoil Series at Rosemont this year, but I rejected due to the fact that travel would be insane (It's a 4 hour flight from NJ to Max-D territory, and he was gunning for tickets to the 2PM show on Saturday, so we would have to be up and at 'em by 6:30 in the morning, or even earlier if we wanted to go to the Party in the Pits.)

I'm trying not to sound braggy with this post. If you live in eastern / northeastern Ohio you get a ton of shows. Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh all have arena shows annually and each city is about 1-2 and a half hours away, so travel isn't terrible. Not to mention all of the non-FELD shows in Ohio (4-Wheel Jambo in Lima, Monster Nationals in Canfield,Throwdown shows, and Dan Patrick's Open House).On the flip side though, there isn't a stadium show in Ohio or western Pennsylvania. Which is too bad, because Pittsburgh and Cleveland have stadiums that could hold a decent monster truck show (First Energy Stadium, Progressive Field, Hienz Field). Detroit is about a  4-5 hour drive, but as Edy mentioned, why risk buying stadium tickets when the show might not be great? There's also Indy, but that drive takes about 7 hours. I don't think that driving 7 hours for a monster truck show is really worth it.

What about the 10,000 kids i heard when walking out of the stadium said "that was awesome, i cant wait until next year", we hold dearly to us a motorsport aimed at children, and I would drive 24 hours plus to go see a 2 hour show just because i love them whether the show has wow moments or not. Still a big believer in a different freestyle course after witnissing how it handles live, i honestly dont see how the trucks handled vegas back then, they just seem to wanna break after every hit. 

I like living in Louisiana, because you have a whole bunch of shows in your state and in the states left to right of you. I plan on not going to the Superdome anymore, because the shows weren't that great the last 3 years and the crime there is getting much worse by the month. Over 5 murders a night to be exact. Because I'm going to Texas when I go to college, I've got a lot of shows for Texas! Arlington, Houston, Corpus Christie, etc.. And I can't wait!

I live on the northwest side of the Panhandle of Florida. On average it would take me about 8 or more hours to drive to any of the Stadium Monster Jam shows here. To this day I have never been to a monster truck show simply because I don't see it worth my time to go to one and be disappointed by the entertainment. Edy if you are just going through that process of getting a visa and just coming here for a monster jam show I dont think it is worth it honestly unless its the world finals or something you know will be good. I would rather save my money for the superbowl in miami in 2020 than to go to a monster truck show right now.

I said in the World Finals thread when a few people complained about Scott's score for doing 3 backflips, and I will say it again. Doing multiple backflips should not get you more points, just because you did more. I'll use the same example, it's like going to the same obstacle and doing the same sky wheelies on it.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve the Nashville win, since his run was the only one I watched, but just because you did one move more than anyone else, doesn't mean you should get more points. And if these runs are any indication, it looks like it may be a possibility this could be something he does for most of his runs. But the thing is, one of the things they stress to judges is the variety of moves.

Dave Hoppert, owner of One Up Off-road and a founding member of the Overkill Evolution team is currently hospitalized. 

I also read on Mayhem that Jim Creten is hospitalized as well. I'm not sure on any details though.

24 minutes ago, ColorfulCrayons said:

I said in the World Finals thread when a few people complained about Scott's score for doing 3 backflips, and I will say it again. Doing multiple backflips should not get you more points, just because you did more. I'll use the same example, it's like going to the same obstacle and doing the same sky wheelies on it.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve the Nashville win, since his run was the only one I watched, but just because you did one move more than anyone else, doesn't mean you should get more points. And if these runs are any indication, it looks like it may be a possibility this could be something he does for most of his runs. But the thing is, one of the things they stress to judges is the variety of moves.

From being there and seeing the runs live, I think he did, he did one in reg and one in bonus, he had great momentum and the truck survived. I think it was a well deserved win, and if he didnt win then Gary Porter should have won. 

Tim Missztenis (MULLET!!!!!!) has been working for Creten for awhile. Mike Thompson has been driving for Kohler for a while too, but Mikes been bouncing around in trucks and Mullet drove Cretens truck because Jim is in the hospital with menningitis (i think thats how its spelled) but theres more info on him on Dawns facebook. and Yall dont know a long drive til you ride in a semi to an island off Canada.. about a 4 day trip. Living the monster truck dream lol

3 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

From being there and seeing the runs live, I think he did, he did one in reg and one in bonus, he had great momentum and the truck survived. I think it was a well deserved win, and if he didnt win then Gary Porter should have won. 

I'll echo this sans the Porter part. Gary should've came fourth, not as good as Todd and Damon IMO. Both their runs were solid but didn't have the wow factor that Scott had, and it wasn't like Scott was slow or anything he kept good pace and IMO did indeed have the best run