Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

From what I have heard (no I will not put anyone's name here)  that they could not produce enough BKT's in time for 1st quarter next year, something to do with the manufacturing process and the lack of multiple molds. This was a couple months ago so no idea if it is still true but I know there are quite a few drivers that chose to look for work elsewhere this year.

Well they must've figured it out because Creten has to buy them and they were trying to get Darren to buy some and he basically told them to no im not doing it and went to Checkered Flag (which is why they probably dont like us much right now)

Edited by KMPUNK

If I was in that position I would have too, it would have been like them forcing everyone to run Ford bodies when they had that sponsorship. I only wish more people would have outright refused to buying into those shit tires. Also I heard that some teams were possibly being offered the tires cheaper (Creten, Kohler, etc). I would imagine it would be extremely difficult for FELD to explain where everyone disappeared to.

Edited by Outlawed

If I was in that position I would have too, it would have been like them forcing everyone to run Ford bodies when they had that sponsorship. I only wish more people would have outright refused to buying into those poo tires. Also I heard that some teams were possibly being offered the tires cheaper (Creten, Kohler, etc). I would imagine it would be extremely difficult for FELD to explain where everyone disappeared to.

It was kind of hilarious having Jimmy Creten talk about them at Dixie when I met him, if only because I agree with him 100% 

Edited by Charlie H.

I don't if this should go here, but, anyway, Mexico City track is under construction! :) Any thougths on what it would look like? 

d499533457.jpg

I'm going to the saturday show, i don't if i'll make to the pit party since the tickets for it are only avible on the arena ticket store, but anyways, i'm exited!

Like this. ;)

CPq-yuwUkAALz6W.jpg

• Upvote 2

*Disclaimer: This is all hear-say and not necessarily completely true, just passing information*

I heard a few things regarding drivers.

Colton and Morgan may possibly be switching, which makes sense, since Colton is Meents' step-son and Morgan has been long time friends with the Anderson's anyway.

Apparently Bailey Shea got fired?

Ryan Anderson apparently posted on his private Facebook page that he now has a family to take care of (another child on the way I think) and he is basically done right now. 

As for the BKT situation, I heard the same thing as Kozak, that there just aren't enough tires to go around and not enough time to make the amount required. There is only 1 mold for them. I know the company that made the Ukraine tires folded, and BKT was possibly looking into buying their molds.

There may also be 2 stadium tours this year, like the FS1 Championship Series, on the East and West coast.

I hope to God that one is false. Easily one of the nicest drivers I've ever met, and has real potential.

On both of her facebook pages she is still posting Monster Jam stuff, so hopefully it means she's still going. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I talked to Dan Runte earlier this year he said after the next first quarter he'll be slowing down, and won't be driving much at all anymore. It pretty possible that he'll slip back into retirement soon.

Edited by NavySonicShell

I quite liked here as well. A few people thought she was let go due to being replaced in one or more of the foreign shows by Brianna Mahon, but probably not since as you said she is still posting about Scooby Doo.

Also, there may also be 2 Madusa's this year, Madusa in the pink one and Brianna in the classis Red, White and Blue. Madusa may be leaving after this year due to her being upset about injuries she sustained at one of the shows this year.

Edited by Mark Colineri

*Disclaimer: This is all hear-say and not necessarily completely true, just passing information*

I heard a few things regarding drivers.

Colton and Morgan may possibly be switching, which makes sense, since Colton is Meents' step-son and Morgan has been long time friends with the Anderson's anyway.

Ryan Anderson apparently posted on his private Facebook page that he now has a family to take care of (another child on the way I think) and he is basically done right now. 

As for the BKT situation, I heard the same thing as Kozak, that there just aren't enough tires to go around and not enough time to make the amount required. There is only 1 mold for them. I know the company that made the Ukraine tires folded, and BKT was possibly looking into buying their molds.

There may also be 2 stadium tours this year, like the FS1 Championship Series, on the East and West coast.

Brianna replaced Becky in El Toro Loco at the show in Belgium. Also why would Bailey get fired?

Same reason Dana Creech, Courtney Jolly, and John Seasock got the boot. Something that will never be truly revealed and hope we will forget about

I was told that Dana was too hard on equipment. Not sure about Courtney. And it seems like FELD is putting a heavy emphasis on young talent while slowly weeding out the older "outdated" drivers. So maybe that's why John got the boot.