Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

23 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

Its hard to keep drivers on the B team in general, we dont know why.

The burn out factor would probably be my best guess. The amount of people that are willing to keep up with the scheduling that they go through are very few and far between.

• Upvote 1

Miss Wild Baby Over Bored Style. Also possible, dunno really. Just not alot sticks around, but they all have their reasons and cant hate them for it. As long as we always have enough people to cover shows its no biggie. In addition to Diedra Ballard debuting tonight, Chris Sawicki is also debuting in South Bend behind the wheel of Lumberjack

Monster Jam recently sent out a Survey asking people if they'd like a Monster Jam themed Cruise.

Details about it:

Themed cruises are becoming very popular. You may have heard of cruising with your favorite chefs or musicians, etc.  Monster Jam is considering a Monster Jam themed cruise. On the cruise, your favorite drivers would be on the cruise with you, mingling and providing photo and autograph opportunities as well. There would be Monster Jam themed games, your room decor would immerse you in the world of Monster Jam, and you may even have food inspired by Monster trucks (delicious and fun!). You would have the chance to explore trucks up close and participate in workshops that are friendly for the entire family.

It would leave off of the port of Miami and the owners of the Cruise line would be one of the bigger named ones, (Carnival or Royal Caribbean) and would leave in October or November. 

The link below should take you to the survey. If it doesn't, rip.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VWTYMHF

Overall, I like the idea. I don't know how long it would run for, but it seems like a fun thing to do.

8 hours ago, Goldberg6734 said:

Monster Jam recently sent out a Survey asking people if they'd like a Monster Jam themed Cruise.

Details about it:

Themed cruises are becoming very popular. You may have heard of cruising with your favorite chefs or musicians, etc.  Monster Jam is considering a Monster Jam themed cruise. On the cruise, your favorite drivers would be on the cruise with you, mingling and providing photo and autograph opportunities as well. There would be Monster Jam themed games, your room decor would immerse you in the world of Monster Jam, and you may even have food inspired by Monster trucks (delicious and fun!). You would have the chance to explore trucks up close and participate in workshops that are friendly for the entire family.

It would leave off of the port of Miami and the owners of the Cruise line would be one of the bigger named ones, (Carnival or Royal Caribbean) and would leave in October or November. 

The link below should take you to the survey. If it doesn't, rip.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VWTYMHF

Overall, I like the idea. I don't know how long it would run for, but it seems like a fun thing to do.

But would a driver want to do that? I know they love their fans and signing autographs and takin pictures but I've also heard drivers complain in Vegas because they're out all day in the sun and it gets hot. Besides I think it's kind of stupid and sounds a bit silly. Monster trucks are for dirt tracks, not cruises. I feel like a cruise would push monster truck racing further into the world of entertainment instead of motorsports and competition. 

Sorry to double post but I got some stuff unrelated to my above post 

Power Surge will debut August 6-7 in North Pallette, Nebraska at a CFP show

The lineup is: Power Surge, Twisted Addiction, Wild Thang, Illuminator, Pony Express, and Wicked Sickness.

Ed (the guy who runs CFP) is promoting the show with an "as seen on tv" label next to the monster trucks, but are the only trucks that have been on tv in that show Wild Thang (from the early 2000s) and Pony Express (TNT era)?

If I was a driver on that i'd probably end up jumping off the boat. I love pit parties and meeting fans and quick convos like that but a boat ride with well what would probably be alot of super fans would drive me crazy lol still kinda a cool idea but ehh 

6 hours ago, bkelley said:

Ed (the guy who runs CFP) is promoting the show with an "as seen on tv" label next to the monster trucks, but are the only trucks that have been on tv in that show Wild Thang (from the early 2000s) and Pony Express (TNT era)?

It's CFP. Nuff said

• Upvote 2