V4 PLUS Pack Idea

imComatose

So my friend recently got into RoR about a month ago and he had a really good point. He told me that the V4 pack is great, but seeing as how there are so many updated trucks that aren't in V4, all the new players have to get v4 and each truck individually. So he had the idea of combining all the updated main trucks and adding them into V4 and releasing it. Don't get me wrong, from V3 to V4 was a huge improvement, but with everyone saying there won't be a V5 any time soon and having new players always coming into RoR, it would be nice that they can have an updated V4 with all these new trucks that everyone is making. Just an idea, I already started on it but want to see everyone's input and to get everyone's permission of all the updated trucks that will be in it. Like I said just want to get everyone's input. 

• Upvote 4

We had a few different ideas of integrating community work into the main truck pack. But the there are multiple layers to why we chose not to. The biggest one being that while the V4 stuff is by no means ultra detail, it's intention was being a platform for everyone. Could the trucks be more detailed? Of course. But be honest with yourself, when you first downloaded and tried the stuff on here, would you have stuck around knowing that you could not use any of it because of mediocre PC? Someone viewed it as worthwhile even if it meant excluding a future active community member/s. The next thing is who would be judge/jury/executioner on deciding on who's content was "good" enough to use or integrate into the truck pack. You can already see the drama from more then one person working on the same truck or track. I personally would not feel comfortable in deciding. The thing is that by having it the way we do, people have more choices and can decide what they want to download. It might not be a perfect system but it is the most accessible for everyone on here, even if it means sifting through a few pages of downloads.

Here's an idea:

Start a thread where one person keeps a list of trucks that are updates or high in detail, just to give new people or someone that has to download a bunch have good a place to reference to.

Edited by TheTruckGuy

We had a few different ideas of integrating community work into the main truck pack. But the there are multiple layers to why we chose not to. The biggest one being that while the V4 stuff is by no means ultra detail, it's intention was being a platform for everyone. Could the trucks be more detailed? Of course. But be honest with yourself, when you first downloaded and tried the stuff on here, would you have stuck around knowing that you could not use any of it because of mediocre PC? Someone viewed it as worthwhile even if it meant excluding a future active community member/s. The next thing is who would be judge/jury/executioner on deciding on who's content was "good" enough to use or integrate into the truck pack. You can already see the drama from more then one person working on the same truck or track. I personally would not feel comfortable in deciding. The thing is that by having it the way we do, people have more choices and can decide what they want to download. It might not be a perfect system but it is the most accessible for everyone on here, even if it means sifting through a few pages of downloads.

I understand where you're coming from and agree with you, like I said it was just a thought and figured I would throw it out there. V4 is an amazing pack and at the time it was nothing we had seen before. And all of these new truck makers are making some unbelievable stuff, so I figured if everyone who is making these new trucks would agree we could make either an "update" pack to be added to V4 or just integrate them into one but with all the drama that would be involved, I see you're point. 

Here's an idea:

Start a thread where one person keeps a list of trucks that are updates or high in detail, just to give new people or someone that has to download a bunch have good a place to reference to.

I like this idea aswell, if this V4 Patch or Pack doesn't come to life this is a great backup

• 2 months later...

really good idea and also it would be good for new people so they dont have to go through and download a bunch of trucks and it will take forever, but with crediting and the drama also space in computers i can see why not. maybe we can make it happen one day