PPRL Winter Heat Coming Soon!

DaveTheSmasher

presser.png

PPRL Returns after Five Year Hiatus! Winter Heat is coming in January!

I am happy to announce that the decision has been made to bring back the premier racing league that revitalized virtual monster truck racing. The Past Present Racing league was originally founded and ran over eleven years ago and grew in a short time frame to exceptional levels of competitiveness among drivers, while providing a fun relaxed atmosphere to all who competed. PPRL helped elevate many to new heights in MTM2 from becoming better drivers, officials and content makers to the creation of many spin-off leagues hoping to obtain the same levels of success. PPRL also helped spawn the ideology of special events such as Fall Madness, Christmas Mayhem and the Classic Clash that grew from being a large gathering to an entire feature length event spawning multiple days. Without a doubt in many minds PPRL was the best league MTM2 had seen.

While this level of success was rather unexpected it also came over the course of nearly half a decade. So with that, and RoR being an entirely different platform this is a ground up reboot on the original series again. What does that mean? Back to basics, an item desperately needed by the RoR community. We will be racing under simple to understand rules with consistency in calls and scoring. The meetings for events will be simple and easy to understand. The content required to compete will be easy to understand. The layout? Easy to understand. That is the main goal of the league. I want to see everyone who signs up leave after each event feeling satisfied and having positive feedback about their experience. There will be an open door policy in effect for anyone wishing to discuss ideas on how to better the league. At this point and time here is a breakdown of what I am exploring for the Winter Heat Series. Feel free to discuss below until a forum discussion area is created.

5 Week Schedule, Featuring Classic Racing and Modern Racing / Freestyle. Starting the first week of January.

Looking to compete on either Monday or Tuesday Nights depending on my current work schedule. This will allow many who run larger leagues on the weekend to not be interfered with.

Event Chat starting at 7:00PM EST on AIM and TeamSpeak with qualifying session beginning at 7:30PM EST and running until 8:30 PM EST. Racing to follow at 8:45 PM EST and Freestyle to start at 9:30 PM EST. 

12 Truck Racing Bracket. Featuring Fast Loser advancing into quarter final round on either side of the bracket. All drivers must qualify in order to be eligible to freestyle.

Freestyle will consist of a unrealistic mind set; but will be limited to certain parameters such as one roll save and a 30 second grace period.  

Classic Racing is subject to debate by those who race here. I would like to limit the signups to just using John Browns Leaf Sprung trucks as they're standalone. I realize this doesn't promote the greatest aspect of different trucks but I am more focused on the racing aspect itself for now. Is this an obtainable option?

Tracks will feature MTM2 remakes, RoR favorites and hopefully for the final event a new track.

For now this is the basic overview of what is coming. I am hoping once I can get a forum area created I can further discuss rules and get a signup topic started. I will point out that this league is five weeks. I am hoping that upon completion and based on others input that there will be another five week session down the road and perhaps in the fall of 2016 an entire schedule like many were accustomed to seeing many years ago. I want to have fun running this and I want to have everyone involved running in it to have fun as well. I look forward to divulging more information as time allows. In the meantime I am interested in obtaining officials and judges for freestyle. Please feel free to contact me via Private Message if you are interested in getting involved. I am greatly looking forward to being a part of this great community once again!

Edited by DaveTheSmasher
  • Upvote 10