1029Eric

In all honesty and as much as I dislike being the one to put it like this.... re-read all of your posts. You want this and that and you have not offered anything to the community presently no have you in the past (Did your old account get banned?) That is what's wrong with this community and why it is slowly dying and one of the biggest reasons I have almost no interest in the game anymore.

• Upvote 4

I've been on the site for a long time. My old user name is MonsterJamtv.

I suppose you missed the part in the site rules about single member accounts huh?

Trucks work fine I tested them. And who said we have to remake hundreds of tracks? The is lots of pros to move to a newer version with many new features. Especially having a game that is not over 5 years old. The 4.5 version supports 1080p. 

Since you clearly know what you are talking about please enlighten us on these "pros" (and no the trucks do not work fine, they import most of the meshes and textures but the actual structure in the truck file is not since they added alot of new things).

I actually converted one of my custom world finals to .4 and it wasn't just a piece of cake. You have to make many new files and write the text yourself. Its not "hard" but not easy. This was about 6-8 months ago so it might have changed, i haven't touched ror since.

Thank you. You are the only one who has not directed something bad at me.

Some of what I've read here I agree with. 

However to just nonchalantly come in and say we should switch now is a bit silly dont you think? You've likely never made a Truck or Track yet you're telling everybody to switch. 

You said all it takes is one track and one truck, I challenge you to be the change you wish to see. Be the person who makes the one truck and one track to get everything started. 

• Upvote 2

I think its a great and will get people more interested. i mean i lost interest and havent touched the game since june. havent touched blender or anything. if we update id probably play again, but as for me, i am kinda done with ror. just the time isnt there, and if i do have time, i dont wanna play ror

Some of what I've read here I agree with. 

However to just nonchalantly come in and say we should switch now is a bit silly dont you think? You've likely never made a Truck or Track yet you're telling everybody to switch. 

You said all it takes is one track and one truck, I challenge you to be the change you wish to see. Be the person who makes the one truck and one track to get everything started. 

I have no knowledge of how to make tracks or trucks. I just know that trucks are compatible. 

I suppose you missed the part in the site rules about single member accounts huh?

Since you clearly know what you are talking about please enlighten us on these "pros" (and no the trucks do not work fine, they import most of the meshes and textures but the actual structure in the truck file is not since they added alot of new things).

More Realistic Breakables, Adjustable Sky Settings, ingame Visual Debugs for easier modding. 

-Except that nobody has made proper breakables through out the existence of monster trucks being in ROR, more realistic breakables is fine and dandy but actually trying to make one work even remotely correctly is another story. There is a reason why there has not been a mainstream released version that everyone uses, I have (with the help of another member) been working on a completely scratch built breakable monster truck for over a year now and it is no where near being usable.

-Adjustable sky settings seems to be a grasp at straws but I am indifferent so you can have that.

-The debug feature is nice but I would rather have a proper ingame editor that renders in real time your mods so you know it will work correctly and be aligned from the get go rather then exporting from blender, punching some numbers/text into a truck file, opening ROR to check and repeating the process until you get it right.

Edited by Outlawed
  • Upvote 1

I honestly don't see how an "upgrade" will be beneficial right now. 0.37.126 has been the used/chosen/version of choice for SM for numerous reasons. It's mostly stable, you can play it online. Most of what the creators here do with their tr?cks, this version can handle, among other things the smarter people of this site can point out. The thought of us "not starting to upgrade soon" is a bit daft if a better, more preferred version that is stable, while capable of online use, and handles all the materials, props, and anything else that can be thrown at it has yet to have been released.

Once such a version exists, then it will require a monumental task of having most if not all properties converted/upgraded/rebuilt. With 437 Tracks, 784 Trucks, and other odds and ends, I don't see a queue forming of volunteers who are willing to pitch in and help with such a task. This community is too full of people who are all too willing to take, but aren't about to offer. The task of such a conversion or rebuild to a newer version is extremely unfair to the few core people who actually throw in and create. And if those few core people who do create task themselves with such a seemingly impossible goal, then it's going to be a replay of the whole anticipated wait of V4, wrought with impatient users, creators getting their personal files/information put at risk due to impatient users hacking them in order to get far from finished creations, and an incredibly long wait time because of it.

I can understand the desire to upgrade. The desire is always there. But if the desired features/optimization have yet to be found within current versions, with a monumental task laying ahead of creators when such a version does release, then like it or not, 0.37 isn't going anywhere any time soon. Take it for what it is, appreciate what we have and how far we've come, appreciate what the creators have done to get us to this point, or leave it.

At the very least have a bit of understanding before making near sighted demands, or multi-post threads on the subject.

• Upvote 2

More Realistic Breakables, Adjustable Sky Settings, ingame Visual Debugs for easier modding. 

1) Been tried and has failed every single time because it creates an entirely new of problems.

2) It already exists and you're not improving it without modifying the actual code of the entire game though some tracks do offer skyboxes with day and night versions which has been the workaround for such a thing.

3) That would be great to have but I highly doubt we will ever see it but if you're expecting to get point and click full blown truck and track making go find another game because it's not going to happen in RoR. Also you should keep in mind that the original RoR team completely abandoned the game in favour of BeamNG which still has a multitude of the same problems. (As far as I'm aware at least)

We all do this in our free time to improve the game for as many people as possible and if you really want to see what it used to be like then go find a download of Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 because that's pretty much all we had before RoR got really popular amongst that crowd which funny enough always caused arguments on MTM2 forums. RoR is not and never has been nor will it ever be an easy game to create content for, Blender the main ingredient for content creation has a massively steep learning curve that some people don't even get it installed properly before they give up. If anyone really wants to help move everything forward you should start learning Blender and how to use it with RoR. Also something else that really needs to stop is putting down everyone that posts their first mod or creation. The negativity towards it is why we have no one making trucks or tracks anymore and every single one of us is guilty of it. Maybe we should.... I don't know, try to be helpful instead?

Almost the entirety of this thread to me seems like you're asking everyone to cater to what you specifically want to have in RoR or to upgrade because you think it' s good idea which it isn't a bad idea but you keep forgetting to look at it from the OTHER side that is the creator's point. Which isn't entirely your fault because you still seem somewhat knew despite having a previous account. Here is the very simple TL;DR version: If you want us to upgrade you shouldn't expect any new trucks or tracks for at least 6 months or a year. Though I have an odd feeling you'd be on of the first in line complaining if that were to happen.

• Upvote 1