1029Eric

Solution to that has been to rename the main folder in your program files if you don't want it to be removed, only downside is forgetting to reset your preferences in blender or your exporter can stop working.

I've never noticed an FPS difference at all in any version and I'm pretty sure with my computer that's something i would have noticed and loved to have had but it's not the case, some people get an FPS improvement and I've heard others get a decrease.

Solution to that has been to rename the main folder in your program files if you don't want it to be removed, only downside is forgetting to reset your preferences in blender or your exporter can stop working.

I've never noticed an FPS difference at all in any version and I'm pretty sure with my computer that's something i would have noticed and loved to have had but it's not the case, some people get an FPS improvement and I've heard others get a decrease.

Good idea, I'll try renaming. I keep all of my editing files in another directory so that's not an issue.

Try setting the shadow type to textures and see if you get a difference. Made a world of difference for me.

The physics are exactly the same, except that the trucks lean a bit more in the turns and go a little faster in first gear...

I haven't noticed the leaning or a different speed from .38 or 39.5 -- which trucks are you using?

I've used .37, .38, .39, and 4.05 and I'll say that 4.05 is currently a very good version of ROR. The menu has been changed, you don't need to exit when you have to change maps, and it overall a better game that ROR .37. I think we should change, because right now you can't even install .37 from Sourceforge (The download site ROR uses) and the only way to obtain is to download a zip of it off of Sim-Monsters. .37 is getting more outdated, and I do agree with some of the statements above regarding tracks & trucks being made. I understand it takes too much time to create a newer V4 and completely upgrade every track, but it can be done. 

• Upvote 1

i think 4.5 is good but the truck graphics are messed up and you cant shift witch is annoying trying to line a vehicle up and you cant stop the truck from going in reverse

To disable the reverse/brake issue, disable arcade controls. Shifting is fine, edit the autoshift lines in the input file -- this controls the ability to manually shift when set to automatic. The texture issue is likely due a truck not being 100% standalone -- most that I've tried are not even though they claim to be.

To disable the reverse/brake issue, disable arcade controls. Shifting is fine, edit the autoshift lines in the input file -- this controls the ability to manually shift when set to automatic. The texture issue is likely due a truck not being 100% standalone -- most that I've tried are not even though they claim to be.

ok thanks 

The default node beam and truck file we have been using since this site has originated is based on the work of Box5. His base structure works and as I have stated, it could be cleaned up and made even better. Either way at minimum you would be looking at unique node/beam layouts as per real life counter parts, accurate suspension geometry, swaybars that work correctly and alot of minor tweaks/changes that newer builds brought (engine settings, meshwheels, etc). Difference of opinion but the trucks in their current state are geared for Sam Boyd Stadium (70mph +) and are unrealisitic when you can watch people clear 2/3rds of a stadium floor. The TL:DR of why the mod here did not advance as quickly as it should have was right from the get go, the online racing dictated that the truck stay spec handling to be provide the best racing possible. It was not until a recent league on here allowed truck file changes and personalized tuning that people even started to tinker. But how to do you convince someone to make a truck realistic as possible when means you are going to be slower then the kid running a stock truck? Like I stated earlier, I started on a base truck file with the intent to move to a newer ROR build or atleast spark interest in it. Just has not gone according to plan nor at the speed I would have liked.

As for a separate download section for different versions, that is not a worry.

Yes the only change I could find to be unlikable is the down arrow automatic reverse. And the craziest thing just happened today. I was so tired I took a little nap around 6pm and then woke up now. I thought it was Wednesday mourning! I was so scared I was missing school. Wow I still can't get this through my head. I still have to finish homework. I am just wowed right now.

Yes the only change I could find to be unlikable is the down arrow automatic reverse. And the craziest thing just happened today. I was so tired I took a little nap around 6pm and then woke up now. I thought it was Wednesday mourning! I was so scared I was missing school. Wow I still can't get this through my head. I st

you can fix the reverse thing, go to the configurator and unmark the arcade control than go to gearbox setting and put in manual shift 

Edited by monsterjam1

You don't need to set it to manual shift. As far as I'm aware real monster trucks still use automatics. Just change the following bold lines in the input file:

; TRUCK
TRUCK_ACCELERATE               Keyboard             UP
TRUCK_ACCELERATE               JoystickAxis         0 4 LOWER
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_DOWN           JoystickButton       0 5
TRUCK_AUTOSHIFT_UP             JoystickButton       0 4

Obviously use the controls you want, those are mine.