4.5.1 Syracuse

1029Eric

All you had to do was go discover it on your own, right? You, Kozak, McCauley, and the rest were complaining about people not doing it themselves. Why didn't you take the initiative?

Not that it's any of your business, but I don't have that kind of time on my hands anymore. Look at the tracks I released. My last track (Myrtle Beach 1990) was released in April of 2014. At the time, I had (and have been) suffering from burn out (which tends to happen when you create a number of tracks, or attempt to replicate a venue such as Myrtle Beach). I work a full time 8+hr job in the construction industry. Currently, any time I have after work does not get used up by creating content in this game anymore, because I'm busy trying to live life. I occasionally pop in to see how the community is doing. As much as I would love to come back and create some new stuff, the creative juices haven't been flowing, nor have I desired to sit down and try to create anything new as it takes up much of my time to do so. I can't speak for Kozak or McCauley.

But go ahead, keep bashing me and telling me that I should just shut up and stick with what we have now because "it works." 

I, nor anyone else that I know of have "bashed" you, nor suggest that you "shut up."

Since you asked why I didn't take initiative, I'm going to ask you the same thing: Why don't you take some initiative to throw in with us in the sandpit? You said you lurked around here for years. You also seem to have a vague understanding of manipulating truck files. Yet, I've never seen you contribute anything in the form of content. If you want to see the ball get rolling on a possible conversion to 0.4.5., or any progress made around here at all, then how about you get active? Offer your services to the mods, the creators. Do something instead of talking about it.

And that's your prerogative. But at least don't complain about someone not wanting to take the initiative if you don't want to do it yourself.

It's not even necessarily my lack of WANT to do it, but my lack of time to. It is true as you say. While I don't mean for it to be an excuse (I understand that it can be taken as such), it's always been a peeve of mine to see some seemingly wishing to take, with out any signs of what they can offer in return.

I actually have. I've been editing .truck files (or I should say, A .truck file) since last night to see what kind of setup would be almost equivalent to the 0.37 physics since I downloaded 0.4.5.1 yesterday. If and when I reach a conclusion, I'll share it with the rest of you. But as it stands right now, I can only move a small bit at a time since it's a one-man project, I'm editing physics that have been outdated for 5 years, and I also have a job, which I have to be at in a few hours.

Also, I respect you for actually having an intelligent conversation with me instead of pulling out some cheesy one-liners and continuing to be stubborn. Good on you.

I congratulate you on throwing in. It's more than some are willing, or capable of doing. I applaud you.

I'm going to just go ahead and tell you both to shut up as you've really added nothing to this request thread. B) C'mon now we're not used to civilized discussions on here. The only thing I'm going to mention is that you both did indeed bring up the subject of spam before I mentioned it in any form and if either of you read the entirety of my post you would actually realize I was referring to past events that took place in the request sections which is why they usually don't get very much attention other than negativity when there are multiple instances of the same request, you really only need one thread for that. So to conclude the spam argument in this thread you both took what I said entirely out of the context that it was directed toward.

Also anyone that tells you RoR is well optimized has never been in touch with a very well optimized game because RoR is about as far from that as you could possibly get and it's rather well known not just on this site. ;)

• Upvote 1