The Hunter Becomes the Hunted

mdemko

Finally it looks like somebody is challenging Ford and the Raptor...

mopar_ram_runner.jpg

Available Through MOPAR, for the price of a raptor, you can take home a desert ready 2011 Ram.

The Mopar Ram Runner, inspired by Baja-style desert racing, is a 4x4 unlike any other Ram. The rigors of off-road racing require large tires, plenty of ground clearance, extreme durability and a sophisticated suspension system capable of withstanding tremendous impact. These features are combined into a package that is stable at speed and rock-solid in the corners. Inspired by trophy trucks, steel front fenders and rear bed-sides are replaced with fiberglass, allowing tremendous suspension articulation with zero interference.

Suspension

Stage 2 Ram Runner Suspension Kit, PN: P5155662, MSRP: $13,270 (production begins in March)

Stage 1 Pre-Runner Suspension Kit, PN: P5155258, MSRP: $3,129 (not on display vehicle, but currently available through Mopar)

Exterior (production begins in March: fits Stage 1, Stage 2 or available separately)

Front Ram Runner bumper, PN: P5155663, MSRP: $1,250

Tubular tire carrier, PN: P5155664, MSRP: $1,010

Front Ram Runner fenders, PN: P5155665), MSRP: $1,020

Rear Ram Runner fenders, PN: P5155666, MSRP: $1,350

Sport performance hood, PN: 82211065AD, MSRP: $978 (available now)

Cold-air intake system, PN: 77070023, MSRP: $466 (available now)

Cat-back exhaust system, PN: P5155280, MSRP: $1,135

Check out more at http://www.mopar.com/ram/1500/2011/mopar_ram_runner.html

Makes me want to sell my class 7 Ranger and buy a Ram Runner.

$29K for the base truck + $20K for the Ram Runner package. So thats $49K for the whole thing. Not much more than a Raptor. In all honesty, I think both the Ram Runner and Raptor are over priced. Look at the price for the fenders. $1000 for a fender!?! I pay $300 per fender through Glassworks Unlimited and soon will be making them in house once we get the molds done. Also, my whole class 7 ranger cost under $42,000, the base price for a Raptor. You can build a better prerunner for what it costs to purchase one of these production runners.

• 2 weeks later...