Show Your Ego Chapter 46

Sergeant Politeness

Decided to document my track progression for those who want to see a little bit more of what the steps are in order to paint a track.

Follow me on the road to success (key emoji)

u1RqV9X.jpg

Basic layout of track and ramps.

suUE408.jpg

All components, such as cars or vans, on track. To help with next step--> Outlining paint.

eNjQrYk.jpg

Here we have the outline. An outline like this, would occur and be needed more for 2015 /2016 tracks. Older tracks without this lining, you may just be able to color and design without so much intricacy. (dont quote me)

qa0l3XY.jpg

Finally we get to color in the line work. All pretty basic and easy if you did your outlining correctly. I had to go back and throw it on the track in blender, and fix my main issue of colors bleeding off the ramp and onto the flat surface. Going back and forth from Paint.net to Blender. fml

5. and my final step

W9DXkfc.jpg

Adding another very transparent layer of dirt on top of everything else. I then erased accordingly to make tire marks on the colored dirt. (staring line, wheelie ramps, etc.)

That finishes the racing portion for Salinas 2015. Working on fs next. i'll let you know how it goes!

Huge thanks to Edy for pointing me in the right direction during this process. Major Respect to all track makers out there. It's definitely harder than it looks.

• Upvote 11

working on atlanta 2016 cant post a pic cause sim monsters isnt letting me 

update: atlanta track might not be 100% acurate/replica cause from the pics i have/ have seen the track crew rushed the track a bit so its hard to get some of the angles on the jumps and line up the center table top 

Edited by nks1996