World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

2 minutes ago, Double.D said:

You obviously don't remember World Finals 15.

I don't see why everyone thinks 15 was bad..the track was cluttered, sure, but we got to see Rodoni, Epidendio, Devin Jones, and some other indies that we usually don't see at Vegas, and LeDuc gave us possibly the greatest start to a freestyle ever.  

1 minute ago, Tylinater said:

You're referring to racing, not fs when max-d faced iron man in the semis. I said the racing was fine this year, NOT 2 YEARS AGO.

I was actually referring to freestyle, but thanks for speaking for me.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Double.D said:

I was actually referring to freestyle, but thanks for speaking for me.

I didn't think WF 15 FS was horrible at all. Why do you think it was horrible considering the indies that were there and Metal Mulisha's FS?

Yea the track was clustered up but is no valid-able reason to say that WF 15 FS sucked. The drivers this year was fed up with the track but guess what, there's a good reason why the track crew left it that way. It's because if they did, then the 2nd half of the field would have easier freestyles compared to those that free styled in the 1st half and those in the 1st half would complain about "Why did they change the track just for those specific drivers? That's not fair.". So basically, everyone has to deal with the same track no matter what (TRUCK UP). Same went with WF 15 and I didn't have a problem with it. The problem with WF 17 is that FS was underscore city with fan judges whom I bet are biased Digger fans. That is a disgrace to the motorsport itself.

And you know what? I bet you that what happened tonight with the underscored biased fan judging is gonna keep going on regardless because no matter what, they're gonna keep making money without any repercussions.  You watch.

4 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/abyZQTFtTUtQR1lYUG1RR2J8MXlvSk1nWmJwcGVLUUSiE3aI3dL7ZF4Cku4cvXe6Jg136FJws0cVXBWFxUnC 

- this kid did all of racing, i should have another when i get the notification

So I didn't do FS like I hoped to do. I wanted to do it with my own eyes and experience it fully. Sorry about it. 

I liked the event though. Really great time for my first WF.

• Upvote 1

Well Instagram is being lit up right now. Apparently no one is happy with this years freestyle competition. I know sometimes people say it isn't about the score, but so many drivers put their trucks on the line and risked more than some of the other guys, and it doesn't make sense why they didn't get a lead of some sort. Obvious bias towards team GD this year, as well. Put fan judges in across the season, but use official judges of some sort. 

1 hour ago, jdshark000 said:

Lol we say that every year

This^. A lot of people here will ever be satisfied until every truck in the field does the full regulation, plus bonus. It's draining.

EDIT- Holy love, why even bring up Trump, either of you? 

Simmer children.  

On a more important note, watch the end of Cam's run.  When he pins the throttle to save the truck after he rolled the rear brake rotor exploded off the truck.  While I don't believe anything happened, this could have been a lot worse.  

This channel is also uploading all freestyles tonight in the next few hours.

• Upvote 2

What he said wasn't completely dumb, and he made a series point: FELD won't face any repurcussions after the World Finals. They might of left some hard core fans disgruntled after tonight, but a typical 7-8 year old who likes big trucks won't care. They'll come back. And where else are the hardcore fans to go? Sure, you got the jamborees, Monster Nationals, Monster X, but they don't offer what MJ offers. There's a reason MJ has been the #1 seller on Ticketmaster this year. FELD will continue MJ. They have no reason to stop producing it. And if they fall a little behind on income from MJ, they have like 5-6 other events they produce (ME Supercross, Barnum and Bros Circus, Disney on Ice for example) where they can pull profits to financially support MJ. They also have a monopoly on the market. More money = more trucks, bigger venues, longer seasons, international shows, etc. The other producers don't have the money to rent out 2-4 NFL / MLB stadiums a weekend plus an additional 2-4 NBA / NHL arenas on the same weekend for two months. And someone stated it earlier, boycotting a MJ event just results in someone else going and enjoying.