World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

People will come back, i would go next year if i could. Honestly, ive gotten to the point where i dont care who wins anymore. At the end of the day, its still  a show for entertainment. People want to see it be an actual motorsport. We all on here and many fans see it as a motorsport. If people went for the show, they would applaud when someone flips or crashes 30 seconds in. The world finals is supposed to be as big as it gets, but the drivers cant go that big and survive it. We look back and remember past world finals as being better. We dont remember the first 13 trucks going out and wimping over the racing stack. It seems we expect everyone to be able to pull off a wow factor every moment of the run. Its possible, and with the track layout, its unlikely. A winning run equals broken parts and that means luck if they can last. Marc was one of the few trucks that didnt break and lasted a long time. But his run was sort of slow and bland. I rely on racing as the only real competition left. Its actually based on talent and not based on an opinion of what is better, 

• Upvote 2

After seeing Adam's, Damon's, and Dennis' runs, Adam's did have the best content throughout.  Damon and Dennis both got off to average starts and reversed once.  Though Adam's run was not up to par as to what I was expecting I do think it's the best run from beginning to end that I've seen so far.

6 minutes ago, jdshark000 said:

After seeing Adam's, Damon's, and Dennis' runs, Adam's did have the best content throughout.  Damon and Dennis both got off to average starts and reversed once.  Though Adam's run was not up to par as to what I was expecting I do think it's the best run from beginning to end that I've seen so far.

I disagree, Scott's run is out of the question, I think the judges got that one right, very slow paced, not many big air hits, yes three back flips but that shouldn't win.  I think the top three should have been Damon (1) Dennis (2) Adam (3).  I haven't seen Ryan's run yet so I can't comment on that but I think Damon had the best momentum and biggest air.  Adam's run was right there with momentum though, and because Damon backed up I would agree with you that that is a negative. 

On a side note, Mikey took a pretty good lick at the end of his run.  Their official team instagram page (DanDon) posted that Mikey was a little banged up but in good spirits, I hope that means he is just shaken up and not injured.  

• Upvote 1

Cows go moo, dogs bark and disgruntled monster jam "fans" bitch after the conclusion of another world finals. It embarrasses me to think that I get put into the same category of as some of you people. The tracks was fine and was better laid out then previous years, trucks just did not hold together and some had bad bounces. It happens, what I refuse to get on board with is the notion that this show was worse then wf15. Talking out of your ass is difficult when your sitting down though so whatever. 

And Tyler stop trying to play innocent bystander, your posts were intended to stir shit. Had I been at home (and you know, not at the show), I would have deleted several of your posts.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, monsterjamfan16 said:

YAY GRAVE DIGGER IS NOW A SIX TIME CHAMPION!! HE WON RACING WF XVII 17 GRAVE DIGGER ORANGE ( MORGAN KANE)

HE WON FS WF 17 XVII GRAVE DIGGER NORMAL (ADAM ANDERSON)

NOW SIX TIME WOOOOOORLD CHAAAMMMPPPIIIOOONNNN GRAAAAAVVVVEEEE DIIIIGGGGEERRRR

It's not. I've always considered that the champion is the driver, not the truck.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

Cows go moo, dogs bark and disgruntled monster jam "fans" nice lady after the conclusion of another world finals. It embarrasses me to think that I get put into the same category of as some of you people. The tracks was fine and was better laid out then previous years, trucks just did not hold together and some had bad bounces. It happens, what I refuse to get on board with is the notion that this show was worse then wf15. Talking out of your ass is difficult when your sitting down though so whatever. 

And Tyler stop trying to play innocent bystander, your posts were intended to stir poo. Had I been at home (and you know, not at the show), I would have deleted several of your posts.

how was it actually being there?

Overall? Thursday was meh, young guns was underwhelming and main show qualifying was okay. Racing this year was the best I have witnessed in my 5 years of going (thus far), maybe even going out on a limb to saythe best vegas has ever seen. And tonight (minus the judging being brutal) was entertaining. Nobody went bonkers for a full run (like Mikey last year or Leduc the year before) but the drivers seemed more willing to go big on this iteration of the dirt islands that was the freestyle track. Atleast that was the impression I got since I was taking photos and most of my aiming was done looking up at trucks. Ramp angles do need to be toned down more though. As for each run, I will admit was not entirely focused on watching the freestyle clock (looking down a view finder for the whole night) but Dennis, Adam, Damon and Ryan all had great runs. Buetow, Mikey, Cam and Bari had wow moments. Cole and Brianna had excellent showings for it being their first world finals. From a competitive stand point freeatyle was flawed but from an entertainment stand point it was good.

2 hours ago, Outlawed said:

And Tyler stop trying to play innocent bystander, your posts were intended to stir poo. Had I been at home (and you know, not at the show), I would have deleted several of your posts.

Allow me to answer this in the most intelligent and civilized way. BTW I can tell that your world finals experience this year was a kicka** one. Excellent. Great to hear.

Here's what really happened. I recently posted a "good points" post about WF 17 track staying the same in order to give every driver a fair shot, underscoring biased fan judges and that FELD is still gonna make money off that despite themselves. Then Julio out of nowhere asked a question which TheTruckGuy quoted at the top of this page asking me if I was stupid and/or blind. Let me make something real clear here. I don't care who you are, anybody that asks that kind of question is way out of line. It's about as morally wrong as somebody sticking their nose in your own personal business. If I asked that same question to you which I never ever would because I have respect for you, you'd get mad too and so would anybody. Now when someone asks you that kind of question, you know they're trying to start a fight. I knew where it was heading and it isn't good. All I said in response was that question was way out of line, it does you no good, and if this is about what I think it's about, go take it somewhere else because this isn't the thread to be doing so. Simple as that. Apparently some people didn't listen and started talking about the "prohibited topic" in an immature way and they got upvoted for it. Now I have never personally attacked anyone on this site and I never even intend to do so. My posts were never intended to stir anything up cause those were all reactions to other posts. And "Innocent Bystander" was because due to past topics, I was trying to stop people from turning this thread into the s**tstorm it almost became and actually staying on topic. Give me a break.

Now since that is all said and done, let's get back onto the post results of World Finals 17. Ryan, Damon and Cam all had good runs and should've been scored higher than Adam (who didn't make it into bonus). I still think that a Mcflip is something you do to a burger at McDonald's. And since the trend of FS scores rising and falling continues with 33 being a half point higher than Overkill's winning run last year with 32.5, expect the WF 18 winning score to be less than 33.

I was not refering to the posts about politics, (by the way I miss the hitler Obama avatar) I was referring to the Simpsons captioned photo, the boycott monster jam post and the quip about the judges being biased digger fans. 

• Upvote 1

Well now that my adrenaline morphs into some weird hangover for me, I'll say that after looking back at this, it was actually great. The judges were garbage but everything else was actually solid in my opinion, with runs being entertaining in their own right and seeing some heart from the drivers (like Bari doing that leap? Damn!)

People can argue about winning freestyles, and that's opiniative above all, but regardless it's to be debated who should have really won when the top 3 had runs that can all be labeled as deserving. Adam won it, he's done it before and to be honest recalling WF9, it's to be expected.

Maybe the reason why we complain about certain drivers winning or losing the finals (or any event really) is because we haven't ever gotten behind the wheel or dealt with to the roots realistic event organization and budgets, we do this virtually and have our own styles with no repercussions (save for budgets on SMRA). Maybe a glitched out wheel or a nasty bounce that can be easily recovered from with a sneaky hack save, but we don't realize that some hits that look soft to us are nasty on wheels that have 5+ tons of REAL weight to hold up, Cam's corkscrew was something to behold (makes me kinda wonder why they push Tom as the stunt junkie and not Cam) and in RoR it would have been a fine recovery, but in real life we saw how it bested the truck.

It kinda bothers me how most of the community's name is turning into the category of obnoxious internet fans just like pro wrestling does (and any other sport). It looks easy from a couch or whatever but we forget that the trucks are only so functional to a point and when we start blaming the company or the organizers, who most likely stayed up late trying to design the track and pick judges that HOPEFULLY can be decent and not anger fans, it does look ungrateful no matter how you look at it. Then there's the drivers and their teams who invest so much into keeping their trucks up and running, chasing the gold most of the time, and the reason why the Digger team won so much is because they're one of the most financially solid and bigger teams on the roster. Just like how you see Bigfoot's team being so stable and basically being a truck factory, if they entered as an indie competitor for at least one season they'd be bashing heads a lot with Digger.

I'd like to see you try to boycott the show, you know you'll be peeking around the corner and running back to it eventually. And it wouldn't be because they changed it to your liking. I want more bus stacks and whatnot, but I'm still here because things change, and MAYBE they'll change back, I don't know.

The show was good, I think the runs on top were deserving, judges still need work, and I'm expecting to see more out of Bari and some other guys in these next years after going balls to the wall with their time on the track.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Mistfire333 said:

it does look ungrateful no matter how you look at it.

I'm sorry, but these people are doing a job for money, it's business. There is no grateful or ungrateful. They don't care what anybody here thinks unless they made an MJ purchase.

I thought it was a great show this year! Made my weekend.

The tire that came off of Eichelberger's Max D looked like a close call too, if it cleared the wall that would have been trouble.

Im Real Happy, (with most things)

Scotty WINs YGS (Hes like 30 min from my hometown!)

Morgan WINs racing!

Cole Did great in FS

Dennis broke the curse!

Adam WINs FS!!

what im not happy with

Tom's win against Dennis.... (#tomisthereallifehacker)

Random question but is there a reason as to why this WF had a military theme to it? With Soldier Fortune, SF Black Ops, and these military themed trucks in an encore pic I saw being on the track, and BH's Chris Kyle tribute, I feel like this was on purpose

For some reason I can never post links from Instagram but the encore pic is on MonstersMonthly page