World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

one more thing. its just a thought but most of the trucks seem to break. With the way the tracks have been designed, there isnt much anyone can do. Basically just run over dirt. i guess im just stuck in the past, i like seeing stuff cleared and crushed. im not saying they arent getting huge air or going big distances, but two massive dirt islands are difficult to clear. its like the double van stacks some of us grew tired of, it wasnt big air to clear them but it made it seem so much more impressive. Im pretty sure some of the jumps this year could have cleared the triple of wf9, but it made it seem smaller since it was just jumping a small in height dirt island.

4 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

It might have to do because they don't have a open slot, with college basketball closing up here in a week or two and NBA and college baseball and MLB starting up, you can bet FS1 will have a ton of these events covered. Besides the World Finals is a lot more footage than your average 16-truck stadium show, so there's more editing

None of the Basketball is aired on FS1 (march Madness at least) NBA is usually aired on ESPN as well as Baseball if anything could hold it up It would be Soccer but even that is aired somewhat early, not only that if Nascar can do it live why can't Monster Jam go up within a week?

2 hours ago, cp2013 said:

None of the Basketball is aired on FS1 (march Madness at least) NBA is usually aired on ESPN as well as Baseball if anything could hold it up It would be Soccer but even that is aired somewhat early, not only that if Nascar can do it live why can't Monster Jam go up within a week?

When it comes to being live, I know in the past the WF has occurred while Supercross was airing live on FS1 or Speed. With the WF being two days now, that's two days of primetime TV. But there is way more factors than TV time. First off, would there be a big enough audience for it to go live, to make it worth the extra cost of going live? Would companies buy ad space, so they make some money on it? They also need to get the event fitted into an alotted time. Say they allow them to go from 7:00 until 10:00, last night the WF ended just before 10. So with commercials we would miss some runs. Of course, one option would be to use time it takes to get a broken or flipped truck off for commercials.

On 3/21/2016 at 10:15 AM, Gabe2304 said:

No offense, but I don't find that funny at all. Coming from a crew and drivers perspective, that was one of the scariest hits I have ever seen in a monster truck and Mikey is very lucky to have gotten out of that as he did. Even though he avoided serious injury, that is still an incredibly hard hit. You have 10,000 pounds landing upside down with no give in the cage... That hurts... 

As for the Obsession camp in the YGS...

Unfortunately we had transmission issues in Obsessed during the YGS which made Eric stuck in high gearing causing it to be very difficult to get off the line which in the end resulted in a first round loss to Becky (congrats to her for doing very well this year) 

No offense taken. Honestly that hit scared me too and I got freaked out when I saw all the Facebook posts concerning Mikey and if he was OK before I had seen the video. I still don't know how that chassis wasn't damaged. I had a feeling it would upset some people, but we've all got our own sense of humor.

Sucks that y'all had issues. I really think that guys like Eric and Ryan would've had a good shot at winning if they didn't have issues. Also, any reason you guys ran the Super Duty body instead of the Fiberwerx?

Confirmed by Monster Jam. Meents will jump the truck over six trucks in Levi's Stadium (You came one truck too far if you guessed seven).

To make this even more special, if the attempt is successful, then if I'm right, he's going in the 2018 edition of "the book", if you know what I mean.

http://www.monsterjam.com/news/record-breaking-stunt-attempt-levis-stadium

29 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

then if I'm right, he's going in the 2018 edition of "the book", if you know what I mean.

We aren't uneducated children like you, just say Guinness Book of World Records

Plus, I don't see them bringing out a Guinness official, so I don't think it will be an official record.

Juliette Feld tweeted Morgan a congratulations on being the first driver Monster Jam University to win the WF. Is this the training place in Paxton or have something to do with the Tampa facilities? I've never heard of this before.