World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

11 minutes ago, Mark Colineri said:

Would have to respectfully disagree with that. Every time Neil has been in Vegas, even back in the 00's, he was a contender for the win. His run back in 05, or around there, the "rocket ship on a launching pad" one, he was low balled. To say he hasn't even been close is absurd. 

Didn't he not compete in 06 and 07 due to racing crashes?

21 minutes ago, Mark Colineri said:

Would have to respectfully disagree with that. Every time Neil has been in Vegas, even back in the 00's, he was a contender for the win. His run back in 05, or around there, the "rocket ship on a launching pad" one, he was low balled. To say he hasn't even been close is absurd. 

That's what I'm saying. IMO, his run in 2005 in Hot Wheels should've got a much higher score than a 25. I know he has it in him to be a World Champion, it's just a matter of time before he finally does..

23 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

That's what I'm saying. IMO, his run in 2005 in Hot Wheels should've got a much higher score than a 25. I know he has it in him to be a World Champion, it's just a matter of time before he finally does..

It was 2004, not 2005, Phil Foster drove HW at Vegas in 2005.

14 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

i want to see king krunch make a return, david said that thats his goal for this year

Well, he's obviously not showing it this year. I get that he has new shocks and everything, but the seasons almost over. I don't think you can blame not enough testing when the season started almost two months ago.

David Suffers from what a lot of other older drivers suffer from. He's been driving since around 2002 and I'll admit from 2004-2010 he was a really good competitor. But since then he's kind of backed off. I don't think it has to do with him a ton, but the fact that other younger drivers are coming into he sport and basically dominating. Guys like LeDuc and Saucier for example. Guys like Ryan and Adam Anderson have gotten way better and they've surpassed the levels that Meents and Dennis set years ago. IMO, 2012 was the last year Meents was consistently on top (fan judging has a lot to do with this as well) but these younger guys are proving themselves and that's why people like Krmel and Smith aren't in the Finals anymore.

I've seen David first hand for years going to New Orleans like 2004, 2010 and 2014. And in 2010, I remember him having the best run I've ever seen him in person. I mean he really did awesome like cross-threading, big air and combinations. But in 2014, he wasn't really doing much besides a wheelie and like one decent jump here and there. So the years have been weighing down on him. It's like Dennis for example. He hasn't had one good run this year, besides Glendale and maybe San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do well in Vegas. It's really sad but true. The year Dennis got #30, his racing escalated very highly, but his freestlying went down dramatically even to this day! It's not that he's a bad driver, it's just the years are still weighing down on him like the other older drivers.

40 minutes ago, TheTruckGuy said:

David Suffers from what a lot of other older drivers suffer from. He's been driving since around 2002 and I'll admit from 2004-2010 he was a really good competitor. But since then he's kind of backed off. I don't think it has to do with him a ton, but the fact that other younger drivers are coming into he sport and basically dominating. Guys like LeDuc and Saucier for example. Guys like Ryan and Adam Anderson have gotten way better and they've surpassed the levels that Meents and Dennis set years ago. IMO, 2012 was the last year Meents was consistently on top (fan judging has a lot to do with this as well) but these younger guys are proving themselves and that's why people like Krmel and Smith aren't in the Finals anymore.

ya same thing with hartsock (i mightve spelt that wrong) and dan evans they dont even stand out anymore like they used to and i hope that dosnt happen to the smith team, but i think evans retired ):

1 minute ago, Dantesinferno52 said:

Neil was there in 2006 and 2007 if I'm correct I think one of those years the drive shaft came apart in thunder alley.

2007 was the driveshaft and in 2006 he rolled over due to no brakes in the final turn