Let's talk

Edy

3 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Just going to put this out there.

1)The large amount of people I talk to on Skype who make tracks and trucks and who have an account on here say everyone is "annoying and full of $hit."
2)I feel stricter rules would make people hate this website even more.
3)I am going to be honest, I hate almost all admins and administrators on here (no offense).
4)Most people on here, Not just admins or mods, Need some major attitude adjustments. For example, If you make one mistake you are immediately hated among everyone and if your new to site, you are considered to be the worlds stupidest person.
5)As for the asking for when tracks are going to be done, I do not see what could be wrong with as long as it is not asked repetitively by the same person.
6)People should have the right to know when they will be filled with happiness to have a new truck or track to drive or drive on.

I edited this into numerical points so we can enjoy breaking this down:

1) I can already hazard a pretty good guess that those "people" have either already been banned once off the site or have earned their reputation on the forum for being annoying or pestering. But I do agree, it is annoying to log onto the site everyday and having to clean up other peoples poo. Either way glad to hear you guys are doing something constructive with your time. (PS paint bucketing over a png does not mean you make "trucks" nor does converting someone else's track to 4.5 mean you make "tracks").
2) Proof you were not around for how the site was for the first couple of years, trust me, as much as you complain about me abusing my admin powers. Roll back the clock and you would have been removed from the site almost as soon as you joined.
3) I know right! Those jerks who do a thankless job that no matter what happens people will complain and nice lady about their actions. Thanks Obama!
4) What is the going rate for a internet psychologist these days?  
5) Oh the irony (you realize that means you would be removed from the site again if point 2 was put forth right?)
6) No, it is not your right and the fact that you would state it as such paints a pretty good picture of why everyone on the site is the problem and not you...

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Just going to put this out there. The large amount of people I talk to on Skype who make tracks and trucks and who have an account on here say everyone is "annoying and full of $hit." I feel stricter rules would make people hate this website even more. I am going to be honest, I hate almost all admins and administrators on here (no offense). Most people on here, Not just admins or mods, Need some major attitude adjustments. For example, If you make one mistake you are immediately hated among everyone and if your new to site, you are considered to be the worlds stupidest person. As for the asking for when tracks are going to be done, I do not see what could be wrong with as long as it is not asked repetitively by the same person. People should have the right to know when they will be filled with happiness to have a new truck or track to drive or drive on.

I feel like whoever you talk to in skype have been on this site before and have been brain washing you to believe that all the administration are bad people and I feel I know who some of those people are but I won't say to keep away from drama. I don't know why you think you are entitled to know when new content is released because no one has to tell you sh^t tbh and if the people you talk to make trucks and tracks why aren't they releasing anything or are they just keeping it in their little group? You need to step down from your high horse my friend because you sound really ignorant because you seem to think that just because you convert a couple tracks means that you have the right to tell people what to do :lol:

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Just going to put this out there. The large amount of people I talk to on Skype who make tracks and trucks and who have an account on here say everyone is "annoying and full of $hit." I feel stricter rules would make people hate this website even more. I am going to be honest, I hate almost all admins and administrators on here (no offense). Most people on here, Not just admins or mods, Need some major attitude adjustments. For example, If you make one mistake you are immediately hated among everyone and if your new to site, you are considered to be the worlds stupidest person. As for the asking for when tracks are going to be done, I do not see what could be wrong with as long as it is not asked repetitively by the same person. People should have the right to know when they will be filled with happiness to have a new truck or track to drive or drive on.

I'm sure the mods of this site are glad to know where you stand with how you feel about them, after they have to put up with our crap day in and day out. Not that it offends them how you feel toward them. They didn't have to let you stay you know. As I recall you broke forum rules.

Absolutely NO ONE owes it to anyone to give a release date on when their project is complete. I can understand a time frame if a person was making a tr?ck to be used in an upcoming league. Even then, an actual release date is hard to come by.

This thread and YOUR ATTITUDE toward the subject echo what I said in SYP: "As listed in this topic, and in many other topics listed many times in the past (which quickly devolves into a number of people beating their heads into the same wall with their words falling on deaf ears), other factors get in the way of completing or "perfecting" a project. Other times, it takes a long time to "perfect" that project before the creator deems it fit for release. I myself used to spend months on a solitary piece to "perfect" it, and iron out the kinks."

Most times, a release date is hard to come by because the creator doesn't know themselves when their creation will be finished, due to life circumstances.

You don't have a right to know anything. And if you or others like you wait with such anticipation for the next tr?ck to be released that you feel entitled to know or demand a "release date", you need to do yourselves a favor and step outside for a breath of fresh air.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Just going to put this out there. The large amount of people I talk to on Skype who make tracks and trucks and who have an account on here say everyone is "annoying and full of $hit." I feel stricter rules would make people hate this website even more.. 

What's funny is that the large amount of content makers on our site, heck maybe all of them for that matter, wouldn't be affected by rules for people who consistently beg or break forum rules, because 99% of our content makers are older members on the site, know their way around and know the forum rules and generally do not seriously violate them. Instead, a lot of them become backseat mods, as stated before, to help keep the site running cleanly. Pretty sure you're not talking to the right content makers there.

I also wouldn't going around saying that I hate the mods, because again, they're the ones that can let you on this site or ban your account, and you're lucky our mods aren't stricter because I'd bet you'd be gone from the site by this time. 

• Upvote 1

Furthermore, demanding a release date be given on any project is a bit pompous and far fetched. In this case, these content creators would be in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. 

Most game developers for PC and console platforms hold off on giving a concrete release date for their products or dlc. This is mostly due to the developer needing time to develop the content, test, bug test, and polish their product. Sometimes developers announce a release date. Often times, dates are pushed back again and again as more development time and refinement is deemed necessary.

Echoing what has been said (head wall bashing commenced, don't even know why I bother to type this as it will likely be ignored), the same can be likened to what content creators do here. Not only do these people have lives outside of this game, but it takes time for the development process to conclude. There is little point in giving an expected date of release when anything can come up in these people's lives. I can imagine a few of the more vocal and whiny takers piping up if a tr?ck isn't released in the expected time, while lacking understanding as to what could have prompted a delay.

It'll be done when it's done still applies. Again, for these creators, this is a hobby. It's meant to be done for fun. No one owes us, or you any bit of content, and certainly no one owes us a release date.

If people can't learn to patiently wait for a bit of content to release at the creators schedule or discernment, then keep it to yourself and don't incessantly insist or post your demands. All it does is uneccessarily clutter up the topics.

It's not as if any whining or demands is going to light a fire under their butts to conclude production on a project just because a few overly vocal whelps speak out.

You lot act as spoiled brats, always wanting more and never being satisfied with what you already have. When the above is in effect, it's extremely difficult for people to not come off as blunt and to the point, dismissive or otherwise.

I'll echo what Charlie H. said: if you don't like what happens on this site, or you "hate almost all the admins or administrators" (which is the same thing, FYI) as you do, then please see yourself out. Nothing is keeping you here other than your obvious insatiable desire for more.

15 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Most people on here, Not just admins or mods, Need some major attitude adjustments.

A pot calling the kettle black. If anyone here is in need of an attitude adjustment, you should be the first in line.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, 1029Eric said:

Just stop, 90% of people on Skype have been banned, Haters cant make good trucks or tracks, why would you hate the admins? because the lock your threads? 

• Upvote 2

It bothers me a lot. I run into many, MANY posts where there are very immature and demanding requests.I don't feel like asking for any help most of the time, because it often gets drowned out in the middle of a ton of "SHINY PEARLESCENT SCOOBY DOO WITH BKT TIRES AND GRAVE DIGGER FLAG AND MAX D LIGHTS WHY AREN'T THERE YELLOW MAX D LIGHTS WITH GTA 5 GRAPHICS I WANT THE TRUCK PLEASE DO IT NOW" style posts. I just focus on learning how to at least Frankenstein my trucks together, because I would rather learn to do it myself somehow, even if it's a crappy job. I just feel bad for asking at this point, and I can't believe I'm saying this but it's all because of some little kids who are just.. for lack of a better word, "cancer".

I feel for a lot of admins on here who try to be strict but can't be full on cold either, but I say this in support of their efforts; Toughen up. The stricter we are with uncooperative users, the better the website will be. All they do is make accounts, start abandoned threads that only waste space, and then walk out on the forums just because "we're meanies" or their mom finally decided to raise her own kid instead of letting the internet distract them during "mommy's wine break"

• Upvote 3

You know, I never realized how spoiled you people are. You people are like those spoiled rich brats that just want everything that in the end will only use it once or twice in their whole life. Seriously acting like rich snobs.

You should all be grateful you got people like Edy, Fern, Kozak, Mark, Me, Chadwick, Aaron, Zonar, etc... Making all this high quality content for free. We spend many hours on these trucks/ tracks to get that detail right, many of you won't know that because you guys can't model nor have the patience like some of us do. Now I'm not saying the rest of the content is mediocre, I get many people here are getting into making trucks, but there's a reason people only beg and ask for the content from Members who have an eye for detail or have been doing this for years. One realistic truck alone can take up 2-4 weeks of countless hours, that's me literally spending my weekend (12-17 hours) working on it constantly. I'm not gonna spend my life making these things. I do this as a hobby for me to enjoy. One of the reasons I got burned out was because I stopped taking it as a hobby and more of a job. And I hated it.

I'm at a moment in my life when I'm about to finish high school. I'm currently in a U-19 Soccer club training my as.s off hoping I can get into semi-pro to maybe pro in soccer. So now I barely have time to be on here making content. I'm painting Pirate's Curse, but that might take awhile because I'm not gonna sit here and ignore my personal life to paint a 3d body for a game. I just sideswiped 2 days ago and my car got damaged, the frame got bent, my insurance is gonna go up now, and guess who has to get another job to pay for it? Oh but no, let me fulfill these spoiled brats first and put my life second.

I've never been so disappointed in a community before, (not even a community, more like a kindergarten classroom) This site was not like this back in 2011-2012. Back when everyone for the most part was mature, hell I can't say much because I got banned for asking for stuff. But guess what I learned from it. I stopped asking for crap and if I wanted trucks made for me, I MADE THEM, I LEARNED, AND NOW LOOK HOW FAR I GOT. All you people just want to be fed, you're all babies here, you can't do anything to advance the community without the core content creators. This site will die when the content creators leave.Why? Because everyone is too lazy to make their own trucks. I get some people just aren't that into it to make content. But if you're gonna be that person, AT LEAST BE PATIENT AND DON'T ANNOY THE SH!T OUT OF CONTENT CREATORS AND RUIN EVERY DAMN SYP THREAD ABOUT WHEN CONTENT WILL BE OUT, OR WHERE YOU CAN GET IT. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, acdcfan56 said:

You know, I never realized how spoiled you people are. You people are like those spoiled rich brats that just want everything that in the end will only use it once or twice in their whole life. Seriously acting like rich snobs.
You should all be grateful you got people like Edy, Fern, Kozak, Mark, Me, Aaron, Zonar, etc... Making all this high quality content for free. We spend many hours on these trucks/ tracks to get that detail right, many of you won't know that because you guys can't model nor have the patience like some of us do. Now I'm not saying the rest of the content is mediocre, I get many people here are getting into making trucks, but there's a reason people only beg and ask for the content from Members who have an eye for detail or have been doing this for years. One realistic truck alone can take up 2-4 weeks of countless hours, that's me literally spending my weekend (12-17 hours) working on it constantly. I'm not gonna spend my life making these things. I do this as a hobby for me to enjoy. One of the reasons I got burned out was because I stopped taking it as a hobby and more of a job. And I hated it.

I'm at a moment in my life when I'm about to finish high school. I'm currently in a U-19 Soccer club training my as.s off hoping I can get into semi-pro to maybe pro in soccer. So now I barely have time to be on here making content. I'm painting Pirate's Curse, but that might take awhile because I'm not gonna sit here and ignore my personal life to paint a 3d body for a game. I just sideswiped 2 days ago and my car got damaged, the frame got bent, my insurance is gonna go up now, and guess who has to get another job to pay for it? Oh but no, let me fulfill these spoiled brats first and put my life second. I've never been so disappointed in a community before, (not even a community, more like a kindergarten classroom) This site was not like this back in 2011-2012. Back when everyone for the most part was mature, hell I can't say much because I got banned for asking for stuff. But guess what I learned from it. I stopped asking for crap and if I wanted trucks made for me, I MADE THEM, I LEARNED, AND NOW LOOK HOW FAR I GOT. All you people just want to be fed, you're all babies here, you can't do anything to advance the community without the core content creators. This site will die when the content creators leave.Why? Because everyone is too lazy to make their own trucks. I get some people just aren't that into it to make content. But if you're gonna be that person, AT LEAST BE PATIENT AND DON'T ANNOY THE SH!T OUT OF CONTENT CREATORS AND RUIN EVERY DAMN SYP THREAD ABOUT WHEN CONTENT WILL BE OUT, OR WHERE YOU CAN GET IT. 

Very true and well put.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, steiale said:

because calling me stupid and demanding that I leave this site is uncalled for, and incredibly disrespectful.

I never called you stupid or told you to leave the site. If I say that to anyone it would be a joke. Also, stupid and annoying is what other users call *MOST* of the mods.

14 hours ago, Dantesinferno52 said:

I feel like whoever you talk to in skype have been on this site before and have been brain washing you to believe that all the administration are bad people and I feel I know who some of those people are but I won't say to keep away from drama. I don't know why you think you are entitled to know when new content is released because no one has to tell you sh^t tbh and if the people you talk to make trucks and tracks why aren't they releasing anything or are they just keeping it in their little group? You need to step down from your high horse my friend because you sound really ignorant because you seem to think that just because you convert a couple tracks means that you have the right to tell people what to do :lol:

I was just stating my opinion. I agree with you, converting tracks takes like 5 minutes per track.